Tuesday, January 13, 2009

$$$$ poorer!

On Saturday, we tried to extract her bottom lateral incisor. She cried like as if we were going to slaughter her. Legs kicking; closing her mouth; hands sweeping around. And the "worst than electric chair" parents had to work as a team to handle her. Didn't work!

On Sunday, tried again. The same thing happens. She keeps saying it's painful, scared etc.... so timid. So ....... 没用! Actually I did wonder what goes into her mind, probably the worst kind of fear I get when I see cockroaches. But we wanted to extract it out coz' she complaint it's painful.

On Monday, no choice! I dare not extract tooth so assigned KZ to help me. Then, hubby was not home and I felt so uncomfortable with her already very very shaky tooth (worry she might accidentally swallow it) Lots of struggle, crying and we have Aricia who was so nosey to see what's going on and I worry she might accidentally kick her. KZ got bitten! Eventually it came off. She didn't even know that it has been extracted but cried buckets when KZ showed it to her and she felt blood oozing. Not much blood anyway!

The mother is only making life difficult for herself by lying to her children all the stupid tales. What Santa Claus! What Toothfairy! No choice gotta continue with the lie until they're older. And that also means it makes me $$ poorer!

Gave her $2 extra for being brave. Goash! Toothfairy is the biggest liar of all - she was screaming all the way........

Then a magical thing happened on Tuesday - 12th. She was munching on her Goat milk sweet when she showed us her tooth. Hahaha! She didn't cry but was about to whine.... We thought is was funny and sweet (coz' mom just had her tooth extracted) the same day.
She told my mom "Mama, you should put your tooth under your pillow, then the Toothfairy will come." (spoken in mandarin) "What Toothfairy?? Who?"
SIL came to the rescue by citing that mama will not have the Toothfairy coming by coz' she didn't take care of her teeth properly that's why she has to extract it out. It didn't drop on its own.

Sigh..........it got me busy again. Had to print another letter from Toothfairy



Humour aside. Tell you I'm so broke!! Somemore online shopping this week..........

4 comments:

Karmeleon said...

Why do you need to take out her tooth? Just let drop by itself cannot ah? I never pull tooth one, leh. And my kids already so big.

Lily Ann said...

Coz' worry that new tooth coming out and will be crooked. True enuf, 1st permanent tooth is really ugly.
Also, I worry if she accidentally swallow it especially it's so shaky.

Karmeleon said...

Won't be crooked one, lah. The permanent tooth will eventually move to replace. Have seen it with my older kids - New tooth grow behind loose milk tooth. No problem. No need extract.

Here's one of my eldest boy that I blogged on:
http://karmeleon.blogspot.com/2007/07/extract-milk-tooth.html

Swallow...I've swallowed my own milk tooth before. In P3, I think? My daughter also did. So laughable bc she was so angry that she had no tooth for the toothfairy. She felt so cheated.

Lily Ann said...

Maybe coz' mom got dracula teeth so wouldn't want girl to follow my footsteps.