Friday, January 16, 2009

Athena

School
This is her second week in school. And she declared to me that she loved school - which I think is really GREAT! Considering how she was a crybaby for the 2nd and 3rd day of school.

Now she walks into the school compound without even turning to look at me.

And when I pick her up, she tells me excitedly how her day went. Who She now looks out for my car and I tell her to come out at a certain timing. One day (think it was Thursday), didn't see her at the gate. Teacher announced the car number and I don't see her. I stopped the car a distance away and walked to the gate to look for her. I saw her sitting on the floor and playing with a girl.

Last week, I spoke to her about her being responsibility for herself. I cited the example of her coughing up when she starts eating too much sweet stuffs. I can't monitor what she eats in school but she have to learn to take care of herself. If she keeps coughing, I cannot be bringing her to see Dr Lee all the time, too much of medicine is not good on her and she'd feel uncomfortable/exhausted if she keeps coughing. She nods her head in approval.
Of course I did tell her that she need not spend every cents in school. And she should only spend her money on food not stationeries etc... (coz' I used to do that and was quite broke. Hee!)

This week, my words of wisdom were unfounded. On Tuesday, she told me in the evening "Mummy, can you give me more money?" I want to buy something in school but I buy food, I don't have enough money." When probed further, she said it was a Hello Kitty pen. "Mummy, but sometimes I think I want to buy; sometimes I never think."
Of course I didn't agree, saying that $1.50 is already alot of money. And if she wants to get something, she must learn to save it. She was so happy and asked "oh.. mummy you mean if i don't eat, I can take the money to buy things??"
*huh*

When I told hubby in the night, he asked her how much is it and that he'll give it to her. I objected, she must have hated me to the core! The next day, brother met us at TM before her music class and gave her $2. She was gleaming in joy, but shortlived too coz' I told her she has to put it in her piggybank. She frowned.

I was given the priviledge too when she only showed me what she learnt in her Dancing class. "Mummy, I learn a dance like ballet. I only show you, I dowan to show papa or Aunty Zet. I show you later okay?" which she did show me in the room behind doors. When I teased that she's like Princess Genievive (12 Dancing Princess) she smiled.

She is happy in her school, said that she loved this school.

Caning
I couldn't take it, I caned her the moment we got back home from her music lesson. I've had enough of her nonsense!

And you know what? On Thursday she did it again. The warning the night before didn't go into her brain. And she cried when I explained that I had to bring Aricia for her class, and she has to hurry finish her lunch then go inside to wait for me. My heart boiled; blood vessels all about to burst.
Prior to Berries class, she cried again!!!! F saw me fuming mad and all she did was to give me the polite smile. And when P told me (when almost end of lesson time), "she's okay in class already what?" F jumped to my defence and said "it's a daily thing since last year. If my children do this to me, I'd be mad. Went home I was even more mad and caned her again.

Wrong method of parenting?!? Then how? Soft methods; briberies all don't work. Hard method lor!


No comments: