Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Baking - weekends

Haven't baked for a long long time. How many full moons have come n go, still haven't tried to re-make my snowskin mooncakes. Paste might turn mouldy.

I've been itching to bake but never found the time. On Saturday, I declare I'M GOING TO BAKE. And I did, was looking at Eclairs (talked about this donkey years ago) but finally decide to quickly utilise my cream cheese and sour cream - which is 1 day past expired date. So what did I bake?

Oreo Cheesecake again! Still can't get over the past failures.

And ...............>> SUCCESS!
The only setback is my pan. Too thin already and ........I can't lift the metal board. *embarrass*

With some extra oreo, did these 3. And also can't lift up.

With some cheese, I made the biscuit crumbed one
A little thin for a 10" square pan. Next time should just concentrate on doing one thick cake with this pan.
Again, the problem of cake stuck to the base plate.... think must put paper... but won't it make the cake look ugly? But after that I manage to bring it out. Heng ah........cake didn't break into 2.
On Sunday, I had wanted Athena to help me. But in the end, I did everything myself. She was so tired, she fell asleep.

I proof-ed the dough until I buay tahan the time.

Made this one portion dough which I later halved it to put chocolate chips and another cranberry it to test results. If it's good, next time I'll do a double portion.
Easy to make bread but I hate the wasted time.

Chocolate Chips
Cranberry
In the oven, forgot.. should have baked one at a time, the bottom shelf didn't bake properly, which I had to re-bake again but at a shorter time.
Chocolate Chip
Cranberry
Chocolate Chips
Cranberry - should put more next time
The children wanted to eat the bread. I had to lie to Athena that "this (cranberry) is a new type of raisins." She got fooled and ate it all up. Hee! Brought it to school the next day too!

成功 or 失败? 成功

No comments: