Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What a surprise! !

Reached home at 10+pm after Athena's music lesson and was in for a small surprise. Hubby bought a small cake for me. He didn't do it like so lovey dovey kind - its unlike him, (if he did, I'm going to suspect if anything happened during his last business trip)he simply brought it out from the fridge and showed it to me when I was doing something behind.

Athena was so happy to see the cake and was prepared to sing a birthday song and cut the cake. But KZ kept saying "no... it's for mummy. Your daddy buy for mummy ......today is....(feeling embarrassed)."

The cake is heavenly - filled with chocolate. Hubby took scraps of it coz he hated chocolate. I vowed to go on a diet after 19th after we celebrate Aricia's 5th month birthday.

When I went to the room later to put my bag, I saw the flower on the bed. I was obviously elated like a cow, coz' to get him to do it spontenously is like asking him to carry a mountain for me.
I took out the flower and grinned at him. And you guess what he said?
"Actually it's free one... they gave complimentary flower." I wish he didn't tell me and deceive me for his whole life this little secret. I would have been deceived to think "my husband went through all these for me." But then again, knowing my practical down-to-earth husband he wouldn't mind paying $18 for a cake plus small flower instead of $18 for just a cake alone and no flowers.. and dunno whether the wife's going to nag at him if he didn't get me any flowers. And he won't buy a bouquet of flowers today coz' it's marked up, he'd rather pick some wild flowers from the roadside... since I can be easily conned (that's why I got conned into marrying him) with small things.
(mom says I'm the stupidest stewardess around. Never open my eyes big on board, target First Class passengers.)


Don't ask me why the surprise today coz' normally I have to grumble that he forgot our anniversary on Valentine's Day. Perhaps he suddenly remembered as we missed it this year; or he's thankful to me for giving him 2 beautiful (ahem) children; or he's suddenly guilt-stricken; or he's cheating on me!!!
wOmAn!

No comments: