Friday, February 2, 2007

Going solo

I did go solo with Aricia before, but she was younger and the outings were quite short hours. So yesterday and today I was challenged! Conclusion : Definitely much harder to bring her out alone as compared to Athena.

1st Feb
Brought her to Mt E first for only 15 mins, then did some shopping in Paragon. The moment I stepped into Paragon she wanted milk - she only drank before we left home.
Drove over to Forum, my first stop station? Milk time again! Anyway took my time; relaxed myself so that I can care for her better. Darn! Tensed or relaxed still the same...... Throughout the 7 hours it's : milk every 2hours or less; want to bao-bao. I had her in her stroller; she sits for awhile and then arch her body to look at me when I'm pushing her then start pouting her lips and cry.. she kept quiet the moment I carried her. My hands are aching; carry her with one and pushing with another. And even so when I carry her I'm afraid she might arch her back anytime to play.

2nd Feb
Today act abit smarter, I brought along the baby carrier (not the MIM type). Was in Compass Point and TM. Same behaviour from her.. she's too clingy to me. (I think I had better send her to school earlier than planned) But it's slightly better as with the baby carrier the load is lighter, but now my body's aching all over. I need to go down my Spa soon and get myself massaged. Had a late lunch, at close to 3pm and she wasn't co-operative. Wanted to be carried, was eating halfway.. wanted me to walk. I was frustrated, put her down in stroller for 2 mins while I quickly gobbled more food then... people stare at me for ill-treating my gal. *guilt guilt* picked her up and she stopped. Didn't even finish my fries. See! I have problem even with fastfood.
Picked Athena up from school at 4pm - very early. Teacher was shocked she was about to start their lesson.. but anyway she said it's okay. I thought since I'm going solo with 2 kiddos I bring her out early; go home early. Instead the planned 2hour trip was doubled. Good thing, Athena was well-behaved today. I quickly shopped for her new year clothings & shoes; had dinner and then left to let her play in ToysRUs. Good thing though, Aricia slept while Athena was eating her dinner. I finished off her leftovers and now I'm hungry. Athena was helpful in pushing the stroller for me only letting me handle when on escalators, anyway in the process of her zip-zapping the mall.. I was trying to keep my cool. Prob it's good, I kept my cool; told her nicely to push properly; she listened... and I didn't 'kao-tew' - grumble - at her
Bumped into Helen (Amanda's mummy) midway our outing and then I remembered Amanda's having her lessons today. Anyway, we chatted for good whole 25 mins while I carried Aricia by hands. She quietly looked on at us while Athena was bringing her buys out to play. And surprise surprise! Jachelle, Athena's classmate in school, is also on Friday's class. No wonder Athena came back home from school one day and told me Jachelle and her were singing one song - learnt in Yamaha - together and "she also learn music" We then continued our outing for another hour and then we left; as we were leaving Aricia was in a cheery mood. ?!?!?! Probably she was so happy in ToysRUs. Today's outing was close to 9hours. I really need a massage now.

Well knowing myself, I will go solos with Aricia again in the future, I can only hope she behaves herself well. But at least I know I should pack in a carrier with me.

No comments: