Monday, February 26, 2007

First day in gym

It's funny that when I put on my gym gear and sports shoes this morning, I felt so energetic (otherwise I'm like a slumbered ah-soh). When I walked out of the house - that stride I took, was like as if I've been exercising and I was ready to 'chong'. That's still left to be seen later on.

Athena wanted her breakfast at the coffeeshop, I took her untouched bun at home and was not hungry after that. Strange? I normally would be digging for food. Umm.. perhaps it's psychological mentality. Okay... today I'm going to watch what I eat, well I did say after CNY didn't I? And I'm no longer BFeeding so can cut down on food. Dunno if it's hard, coz' I have this weakness for tidbits; chocolates and sweet stuffs. And well since I have a helper at home, she can help me eat the chocolates. So you see.... helper don't just help me do housework; she helps me take the fats.

Drove down to Orchard (wanted to save time) and started on the equipments. I felt tired, and frankly not as bad as I had expected - probably due to the short lapse in my workout. Flat bods women walked infront of me; skinny women worked hard at the equipments and I was thinking "oh shit! they work so hard when they're skinny, what about me?" And it's not like I was a perverted woman oggling at the other women but they walked infront of me - what can I do? I had my music and my book to keep me occupied, but I got headache from the movements and trying to read the words. But I must admit that the book kept me going, I didn't know I had worked out so long.
When I switched equipments, found out that they have moved the positions of the equipments. And since there weren't that many people as compared to after work hours, I was able to move around quite smoothly. But I had problem using one of the abdominal equipment, there were a few equipments working out the same area, and I had to choose the one I had problem with. Moved again to find one that works for me, but my flabby stomach didn't moved at all.. so it's working at the wrong place. That tummy is too big, may take me a long long time..... perhaps until my membership expires I still haven't got to flatten my tummy. Then I did the shoulder press which works also on the triceps (hoping to trim my arms size) and then I thought... "hey! I can work out carrying Aricia what?!" I worked out with Athena when she was a baby, but she wasn't so figety as Aricia. If I work with Aricia, I might worry dropping her on the floor or something. But hor.... Aricia is much lighter as compared to Athena lah! Use her as a dumbbell is akin to not working out at all.

When I was there, I kept thinking if I should go for Personal Trainer to work out the specific areas.. or if I've done wrongly - I would need the guidance from the PTs . I want to lose the flabs, so shouldn't I be doing all the cardios first and then when I'm down to the size and (flatten my 6mths pregnant-looking tummy; shrink my fat thighs & arms) then I use the equipments? Correct? I dunno leh.... all I hope it's not a waste of my time working out wrongly.


Tomorrow, I shall go for BodyCombat. I haven't stepped into the studio for 13-14 months. I think I did BodyCombat 22 or was it 23, and now this evening they're launching BodyCombat 31. Oh my!

It's also a consideration if I should continue my membership with Cali.

Gf Wilma was saying "I'll be looking good in 3 months time" - I don't know if I can look good to my desireable size (fit into my kebaya ) in that time span. Let's just say I have this determination now, and hope it doesn't die out.

No comments: