Sunday, July 9, 2023

On This Day - (9th July) #Reminders from FB#

9th July 2021

Finally changed the fake plants in the toilet, we had it in the toilet for 6 years!

Che-che said she wanted to choose the plants for the toilet. While I'm concerned about the height, didn't want too tall so it can slide under the same spot BUT she didn't want, said I allowed to let her choose what she wants.

As long as she don't ask me to hang plants in the toilets can already.



I like this though. I'm glad it's fake coz if it's real, it'll die within a year. And this will last an eternity


Changed to real monstera. Crossing my fingers it will thrive under my care. And I'd love to propagate this one day


The common toilet's old orchid


And the new real sansevieria. A reminder to self - must remember to move the pot when I need to open the cabinet.


Initially she chose this plant (only it's slightly shorter) and I said can't fit in the toilet.

Incase you want the name of this plant, it is cycas revoluta.



9th July 2021

Must talk about her lavenders. Growing well so far.

Still a long way more before we can see the flowers


The transplanted ones are doing well too!

9th July 2021

Che-che n I came home to see this! 2 boxes of greens. Locally grown greens sent over by hub's colleague.

Do check out their website : https://urbantiller.sg




Really too much veggies. So I gave to mom quite a lot of veggies, sent it over to her within 1hr, so it still remains a little fresh.


Can see all the greens on the dining table.

Coincidentally che-che and I came home with 2 pots of monstera n sansevieria. Now my house is too green


So beautiful. Need to do something with them. But I can't pot and put them outside unless I have no intention of consuming them.


So nice! Got coriander seed! I want to put this plant (hopefully I can do it) in my click n grow. Coz I had 3 failed attempts using their coriander pods.

Really headache thinking what n how to transfer the 8 mini temporary containers. And to where?!



Think just put it back n leave it under the disco lights with her lavenders. I'm going to procrastinate.



9th July 2021

Girls watching their NZ video.

They were so so cute

Altho they do fight, in some portion of the video I noticed how che-che would carry her sister and take care of her. But kids r kids, sometimes she also don't give in to her.



9th July 2020


In 2008 -> can't rmbr why che-che sent a letter to her sister. She declared her love for her sister (now?).

Wondering if the thing below the rainbow is an animal or human?



9th July 2016


Practicing piano after practicing her ballet


9th July 2012

Thanks Mag for the "glasses". She's been wearing this & happy that she has what Che-Che has too.


9th July 2012

Treatz is now closed. Shucks! Was craving for Mee Rebus.. Anyone knows where to find good Mee Rebus in Marine Parade?



9th July 2012


Lunch out with mei-mei



9th July 2011

Silly girl insist on wearing her new goggles for lunch.

A very late lunch.




9th July 2011


Lil' girl finally 'saw light' in her mental arithmetic n doing much faster now.

And now that she's doing faster, the term is ending.

Haha! Signing her up the next term.

Used to dread abacus n nd lots of encouragement/ scoldings from me. Persistence pays off! Both of us are really happy.



9th July 2010


The coolest way to cool down in this hot weather is to drink my effervesent Vit C in ice water, take a nice cold shower and stay in the aircon room. (Hub gonna freak out with the next utilities bill - hee!)

No comments: