Saturday, July 22, 2023

On This Day - (22nd July) #Reminders from FB#

22nd July 2022

Omg! So cute! Like che-che's stuff toy Sparkle




22nd July 2022

So now I have 3-4hrs in Parkway before lil' one's paper ends 🤣 . 早知道 I should send both girls to school, need not activate hubby to send che-che to 🏫



22nd July 2022


Heard so much about the long queue at ICA but I came out in 4mins 🤭

Processing time took 8 wks but it's ok we weren't travelling anytime soon but coz our (che-che's n my)

passport has only 7-8mths validity left so it's a sooner or later thing we need to get a new passport.


Smooth ⛵️ to get in and get queue number. My appt at 9am, I step into the building at 8.50am

Thardly warmed 🪺 the seat, only had time to put IC back into wallet. I took x4x look at the board when I saw my number flashing 🤣🤣 Huh? So fast?


Now have to wait for che-che's turn. Dunno why hers is taking so long when we applied at the same time.

Hopefully collection time will be as smooth as mine.


22nd July 2021

Just something to lift up my mood, dropped by 2 happy places.


So many seeds....wasn't so tempted, just got what I wanted. Buy too many packets also make myself more busy killing plants, I shall do more good deeds aka saving lives instead 😂

ps:there were seeds on the other side of the room too.


@ second happy place


Wanted to get tulips but since che-che is with me, I let her choose what she wants


Balls of Hydrangeas


So nice right? Should get this next time


The flowers she chose - iris, yellow calla lily, white calla lily, orchid


With my chapalan arrangement.

I can stare at flowers all dav....


The box of microgreens can't be transferred to click n grow. I'll just leave them outside PES until they mati, which means I'm not going to eat them.


Changed to a bigger system.

Tried transferring coriander but cannot make it. Which explains why had to get the seeds and try to grow it. I hope I don't whack too hard n kill the seeds S. Wish me luck 😂


This small system permanent spot.

Initially wanted to put in lil' one's room, she has a place for it, but I'm worried if she'll accidentally tug the cable n the whole thing will drop.

The man must think I've gone plant crazy now.



22nd July 2021

So hot!!!! Going to meeëllit ...

... (pout lips like baby lil'

one)


22nd July 2021

Thanks Dawn for another fun session!



22nd July 2017

Another stranger (in one day) patted lil' one's head.

She was grumbling at the cashier in 4leaves and the man told her "girl don't be choosy" (he walked up later so didn't really hear the content of her grumbles)

I explained to the man "she was complaining why the strawberry wassant has only 3 in the box and the chocolate has 6 coz she didn't want to finish everything up since none of us liked it." He chuckled and told her while patting her head "aiyoh. Little also complain, too many also complain."



22nd July 2017


I asked lil' one continuously to stop talking but eat first.

That girl kept talking n final one said "no wait. I need to talk first." I had to raise my voice at her to "stop means stop". A few people seated near us in foodcourt looked up; one lady laughed at her and told her to eat first and then pat her head. Lil' one turned to look at her n listened to her and nodded her head. Thad my peace n quiet.

On and off she kept giving me strange look when eating. Finally 4mins later, "Sightsk...I can't eat when it's so quiet..tsk.."

Do you know why I've learnt the art of 'shutting off my ears?' Many times she would insist to keep talking when I tell her we need to get down the car first or whatever. Coz no point to argue with her as she wants to win all the time.



22nd July 2016


Che-che sat in ambulance for the first time and said its so fun. Wah lau eh! Then said wow so much blood came out, she didn't look scared and commented it has a funny smell. I think I should ask doctor to check her brain. Maybe she's gone bonkers.?!?!

Accompanied teacher asked what did doc say, if she's ok? I remarked that if she can be looking at her phone now, she's alright.

Brave girl, endured stitching. 3 layers! And uncle can remark "Iggy just did a compo on this. Maybe you can be more descriptive n tell him what happened." I didn't know they called the plastic surgeon. Ah...you know we all rushed down to KK (i arrived later coz gotta pick the lil' one up from school) n suddenly this doc; that doc saw us. didn't hv time to ask what he does. He did a very good job in stitching.

Haha! Both mother and uncle can still joke. But good thing she's laughing along.

News travel fast. She says she dunno how come her classmates know.

Btw, the running accident was not due to play play running. Rushing for CCA.



22nd July 2016


Taken exactly 6 years ago:

They've known each other since Primary 1. They've had a weird friendship, they can be charmmy together; then can be with another group of friends separately. But between these 2 girls, they know they remain true as a friend to each other all these years. I know che-che defended her (twice? thrice?) when people say bad things abt her friend. I know twice she stood by che-che and spoke for her too. It's not about the numbers but the reason why you stand by your friend.

First incident - I was surprised with her maturity when she came back from school one day and said somebody said bad things abt her friend and she told me what she did. I was so proud of her coz for a timid girl to do that is not easy. And told her to be a good friend, she must be sincere so everyone can feel her genuine care. (Ha! But she's enemies with her one n only sister (g) Most importantly as what che-che told me, she's a trustworthy friend.

That's what true friends do, they support one another. Let's hope they continue to be good friends throughout their growing up years.

Even their primary form teacher asked me if they're still together and she's filled with all praises for their strong friendship.




22nd July 2015

Itchy but rusty hand. Decided to do a quick bake last night, buttercream was prepared a day earlier.

Was so set to bake Nutella rocher cupcakes, the two to-die-for chocolate mixed together.

Mmmmmmm......

Everything was alright until I noticed batter spilling out. I totally forgot to lessen the cakemix portion.

Gasp! Sed I didn't have any flat surface to do my piping.

Then, I stared at my piping tips. It's been a long long long long while since I piped something. For a moment I took out the 1M tip and the coupler and was trying to figure out how to fix. I was like - I can't be that bad right? I totally forgot everything? Anyway, few seconds later I suddenly , 1M don't need coupler. Next disaster, the new buttercream recipe I did...somewhat melt after I piped though cupcakes cooled down. I can't add another rocher on the top, not with a slippery buttercream n not flat top. I tried, it slipped so it went into my mouth. I can't flatten cupcake coz I put rocher inside too. Some didn't sink down.. Hmm...

Piping looks really messy. Anyway, I better stick back to my Italian meringue, shape last longer though it's a tedious process. Indeed, I checked the website the one I did melts under warmth.

My consolation? My family gets to eat it no matter what. Nice or not nice, they just give me the thumbs up.

我要加倍努力。加油!がんばって


22nd July 2015

Lil one's don't really look like Rilakkumma bread with Rilakkumma shaped agar agar




22nd July 2013

Aricia just now say she wants to wear tights tmrw. I say cannot, must wear dress n below knee. She pointed to her mermaid costume. "There! This one is vy long." 😄



22nd July 2013


My 2 sok-sok (crazy) daughters. Tchr tak boleh tahan them today.

Aricia: playing a piece which is not her exam piece coz tchr turn to the page thinking that's her piece.

(Ok, she plays almost all the songs in the book then she selects). I sat down then looked so puzzled

"that's not her song!" Tchr "huh? Last wk I corrected her this song she didn't tell me."

Athena: starts playing her piece but page turns to another song. Tchr laughed n actioned to me but girl still playing happily.



22nd July 2013


My girl shake her backside when she was doing the

"beats" aural instead of emphasising on clapping.

Siao liao! Unless its male examiner, maybe she can shake her skinny bum bum. Hahaha!



22nd July 2012



All the best, mei-mei!

Pls don't repeat the same mistake again.


Where's Aricia? Can you find her?


22nd July 2012

Her first kick-kock (her term for high heels) shoes.

And she's really happy with it; walked around the whole house with it. And it has a light behind!!




22nd July 2011

My big nonya girl. And she told me how she played zero-point in her sarong kebaya. " |lift up my skirt n then go over and my Velcro keep coming out." gasp! chorlor girl!



No comments: