Wednesday, July 19, 2023

It’s turbo showtime!

.. in my new showroom kitchen. Cooking a full meal and not just instant noodles or warming up soupy food hor! 

Hmmm….. I should seriously consider if i want to put my Click n Grow back here. I won’t have much working space if it’s back. 


But the cleaning up is super duper easy! Considering that I also didn’t do much frying. Still, I don’t think I should be careless in my cleaning in case 🐜 🐜 comes.

Kong pao chicken from Olivia Tan’s Chinese Flavours book. 
I reduced black vinegar (coz the girls don’t like vinegar), dried chilli (Che-che’s no spice tolerance) and put in lesser sugar (lakanto actually) to the 400+g of chicken fillet. 


😅 I noticed some small little shredded chicken. I was only a few seconds late when I realised I wasn’t on reverse mode. Taste wise ….. so so
The family’s food intake gauge :
1) is it the man don’t like it with too many meat dishes? I had both pork n chicken. He hardly touched it. 
2) che-che said it’s spicy. What?! Prolly only took one piece
3) lil’ one fussed over the ‘accidentally ate ginger’ and asked me not to put ginger next time. Huh? She didn’t eat much also
4) I’m left to clear the leftovers. Lucky I’m not on keto now. 

Pork belly which was marinated months ago but never got the chance to cook it. I had the recipe in my phone BUT I can’t retrieve it anymore so just hantam anyone put ginger + black soya sauce + lakanto and stir fry them. Wah….not bad got the sticky sticky like braised meat. Now that I want to keep the recipe but have no idea what it is 🤣. 
I was also made to finish this. And still have to say this “lucky I’m not on keto. If not sure leftovers in the fridge”. Oh my! You be the judge and see whether my family is fussy or not? Isn’t it difficult for me to cook for the family? 

Fried over stove. This vegetable dish and lil’ one’s steamed tofu with marinated pork were done over the stove to expedite cooking


Dealing with the leftovers also headache. How to just cook 4 pieces of chicken, 6 pieces of pork each? As it is I normally cook lesser than what’s written on the recipe  but nobody finishes them. Put the leftovers in the fridge  is macam for show only coz I always end up junking them away 2 days later. 

During other meal times, I even saw hubby opening up can food. What the heck? Here got dishes you don’t eat n open canned food? 

About to spew vulgarity on the difficulty to cook for them. Really! If only they all can chin-chye eat. 

Today evenbefore I started cooking, che-che already didn’t show enthusiasm and was looking for 黑黑的菜. 

Quite some time back girlfriend, MH, told me what I can cook and showed me the dishes she did and how she just portioned out the food for the family (I believe coz now everyone also comes back at different timing). She even did burger as a meal and they gladly ate it. If it’s my family? The man will not eat coz he will go hungry after that and to him a meal means there must be carb + dishes. The girls will ask “that’s it?” 

Cook what they like to eat

MH even told me to cook what they like to eat. Ehh…. Of course I know. But how? Man prefers vegetables n perhaps spicy rich rendang (but the girls don’t eat!). Girls prefer meat but they’re fussy if they see ginger, onion garlic. It’s the only dish I cook more coz two of them but I run the risk of food wastage as well. 

If I cook what they like; somebody will not like it. One likes soba; the other likes ramen. How to (if eg) make fresh noodles ? Hubby don’t like Japanese! Che-Che likes fried stuffs so she likes tempura but lil’ one doesn’t. So I need to splatter and mess my whole kitchen just for that few pieces of tempura. Sigh…. 


Today, I even commented if I follow the recipe to the tee and you all still don’t like the food means you all are really super fussy. If people can write a book and other people also cook and eat and don’t complain as much as you all, you all are damn f [so close to spew an additional adjective] fussy. 


No comments: