Saturday, December 8, 2007

Concert

This is going to be Athena's second last concert. I can't believe it! 4 years ago, she did her first concert as a little firefly. I thought to myself, "she's only in playgroup this year, she still has 4 more years of performance."
Oh my! Where has the time gone?? 4 years seems like 4 months!!

Time simply flew past me, my girl has grown & I have aged! *gasp*

I cry everytime I go for her concert, suddenly I see my girl all grown up and performing on stage. I am well-prepared with tissue papers. I know I'll cry even more next year.funny videosfunny videos

We were in the church at around 9+. And I placed order for some photos taken during the full dress rehearsal on Wednesday. Funny! Don't seem to find the guy to order the VCD. Being kiasu Singaporean, I asked KZ to chope seats (3rd row), next year must get there superbly early to chope the 2nd row - to get a good photo angle of my girl. Poor KZ, the only time she got near to a church after these time working for us is during Athena's concerts.

The concert started with a sermon and the presentation of certificates to the graduands. I want to cry..... next year my girl will be wearing the graduation gown.

I was a little smart by asking Athena who she would be giving the gift to this year (normally the K1 students present the K2 students gifts) - Kenver. Ooh.... okay. So I shall wait for Kenver's name to be called and then I'll zoom in. But hor..... I tell you this year they suddenly decided to get the whole group out and in that messy situation, how to find my girl?? Moreover they (all the girls) were all wearing the same top. Argh!
But....you know how I managed to find my girl?? Coz' she happened to be digging her nose and looking at the audience in her "shy-ness" face.funny videosDisgusting!
Watch this -


I'm disappointed with the MC-ing by the SC students. It seems that every year they are slacking and getting worse.

The graduands sang two songs : If We Hold On Together and 再见 which left my heart drowned.

If We Hold On Together

Don't lose your way with each passing day.
You've come so far, don't throw it away.
Live believing - dreams are for living,
Wonders are waiting to start.
Live your story - Faith, Hope and Glory
Hold to the truth in your heart.

Chorus :
If we hold on together,
I know our dreams will never die.
Dreams see us through to forever
Where clouds roll by,
For you and I.

Souls in the wind must learn how to bend,
Seek out a star, hold on to the end.
Valley mountain, there is a fountain
Washes our tears all away.
Worlds are swaying - someone is praying,
Please let us come home to stay

chorus

When we are out there in the dark,
We'll dream about the sun.
In the dark we'll feel the light,
Warm our hearts, every one.

chorus

再见
我怕我没有机会
跟你说一声再见
因为也许(就) 再也见不到你
明天我要离开
熟悉的地方的你
要分离
我眼泪就掉下去
我会牢牢记住你的脸
我会珍惜你给的思恋
这些日子在我心中永远都不会抹去
我不能答应你
我是否会再回来
不回头
不回头的走下去

Hey! I could still understand what they sang in my half-past six mandarin.

The concert started with Athena's class item : - Let Your Light Shine (was she digging her nose in the beginning?)


I didn't video much of all the other classes performances coz' I'll be getting the VCD and I get scolding from hubby every year for wasting the video space on other children. Ha! But I'm lucky I got this video-ed in. Check out the boy in red bandana from N1-Praise, who froze and then he acted accordingly to the song : I Will Fight This Fight - yah.... with violence (mimicking gun). For a moment I kept wondering if he was going to pee in his pants coz in that slouching position, it did look like he was.


They did another item, The More We Get Together, in mandarin. This time round the parents were encouraging them by clapping their hands along to the music.
Charmaine (the girl 5th from the left) had stagefright, walked to the sides. The girl in light blue dress wasn't bothered - infact in one portion of their dance, she was jumping in excitement non-stop.


I couldn't take much photos from my camera too, coz' it doesn't look nice with flash and when I go without flash it's blurry coz' the children are jumping and dancing around. I look at this mummy - realised she's Chor Teng's mummy - that she can get good shots. Why? Coz' she's using an 18X SLR camera while I'm holding a dunno how many times zoom normal digital camera. Argh! I'm getting one SLR for her graduation next year!! I don't care, I don't have to sit down on 2nd row I can also zoom in from the back and see the pimple (if she has any) on her face.
The shots are taken from the video camera.


The K2's from the English Speech & Drama did one item - which I had no idea what they were doing. Coz' I couldn't hear.... eh... of course I don't expect them to speak Queen's English but they weren't audible at all.

Ehh... if that hasn't been torturous to hear, wait till you hear the angmoh-kias from K1 in the Chinese Speech & Drama doing an item. If you listen to the video - I went "huh?" coz' I had no idea what Wei Zhe was talking about. I didn't know Athena was amongst the 5 who came out to say something. Hers went like this : 哦!主耶稣, 我用嘴巴赞美主. Actually I didn't really pay attention to it but asked her later. What she told us was even funnier 哦!主耶稣, 我用嘴巴zhen4美主耶稣. - sounded like she was soaking the Lord with her mouth. Goes to show her pronunciation is really jialat! (Mom asked her further and it sounded even more absurd that God was working zuo4 gong1. Mom in the end gave up asking her further)


N2 Faith : with a chinese song
N1- Kindness : Woobly Whoopsy
N2 Faith : No Penny In My Pocket

Athena's class did their last item which is a chinese song. That girl hasn't been smiling much and been slanting her lips sideways. I'm also dancing together with her (behind), actioning her to smile and to dance. Swaying my body to make sure she dances.


Thanks and Appreciation by Chor Teng (English) and Amanda (mandarin)
Umm.... wonder if next year Athena will be asked to give her speech. But hearing her... I doubt so.

Finale : 我 要 向 山 举 目

我 要 向 山 举 目

我 的 帮 助 从 何 而 来 ?

我 的 帮 助 从 造 天 地 的 耶 和 华 而 来

我 要 向 山 举 目

我 的 帮 助 从 何 而 来 ?

我 的 帮 助 从 造 天 地 的 耶 和 华 而 来

哈利路 亚 哈利路 亚 哈利路 亚 哈利路 亚
哈利路 亚 哈利路 亚 哈利路 亚 哈利路 亚


Athena having a drink. She looks so pretty!
Jachelle and Athena posing. Ay! come to think of it, why is it that Jachelle wears this top and Athena in another top? One more year and then... will the two of them still remain friends? I really hope so!

For next year :
1) I need to bring my tripod (getting older; hands not stable anymore)
2) I need to buy an SLR
3) I need to polish up my photography skills
Okay.............I'm only kidding. But honestly I may consider no. 2) since I love to take photos of anything and everything
Oh! The most important thing. Make sure she don't dig her nose on stage again, by cleaning her nose; ears etc... before the concert

3 comments:

Karmeleon said...

*hehe* There's still going to Pri 1, Primary school concerts, then pri 6 graduation, Sec 4 graduation, etc. Long way.

Cannot say "age" so early!

Lily Ann said...

Huh? Concerts in Primary school? Thought it's only P6.
Sigh.... funny my bodfy feels old.

Shannon's Mummy said...

Yaya.. we are still *young* :p