Thursday, December 13, 2007

Barbie- cont'd

Barbie, it used to be just a simple doll (in my time). But - it was expensive and can only be touched by the poor children in the small shopping centres (at that time). You hardly hear your friends having it. When you know your friends have it, you ask to touch it and change clothes etc.. then you ask your own parents to buy it for you - only to be scolded.

Sigh..... I'm not talking about 'you', I'm talking about me! I asked mom to buy it for me, she said "no money". But she did buy one for me... those imitation kind. And I must tell you, it's very Ah-lian (dunno why in the fringe have one blop of red colour) and it's so difficult to comb the hair. But still.... it's my Barbie doll (ashamed - not daring to tell my friends I have a fake Barbie doll)

Years down the road, I heard there was a handsome man named Ken.

Again, years down the road, it seems (strange to me) that Barbie Doll didn't age and she still have that slim stunning figure. ( I stuck oranges in my front to see if I looked like Barbie - no! I was very young then)

When I was flying, I saw Barbie dolls in National costume. By the way, I have this habit of collecting dolls in National costume and lapels of each place I go to.(I still do now) So when I told the crew my collection, they told me to start collecting Barbie doll. Err...no. I think I'm happy with my current collections.

I've somehow lost touched of Mattel's Barbie then, oh well... I will only think about it when I have a girl next time. I did notice the dolls getting more glamourous as the years went by, she wore beautiful gowns

When I had a girl named Athena. She was growing up well and she did ask me to buy her one. Which I didn't scold her the same way as my mom did, but "it's useless! I buy you something useful." I was deprived, and she is too! The only Barbie dolls she had was presents from my friends. Which ... okay, she does have a Barbie doll but no clothes to change. And why should I be talking about changing clothes when my girl only know how to strip her off and can't put the clothes back on again. And frankly, I hated the Barbie dolls she has coz' she simply threw everything on the floor and I have to pick it up after her. Sometimes, we need to pray for the Prince to come and hold the other side of the shoe - coz' she lost one somewhere...

Okay, I must admit I didn't pay attention to Barbie after that coz' I was more interested in getting useful toys for her.

I remember Jenny (Eliz's mummy) telling me about bringing Eliz for the Princess And The Pauper show - M & G. And I went "huh?" I didn't even know that Barbie has all the Princess-y dolls too! Anyway, I don't even know more Princess came up until now as I google search. You say should I be ashamed or not?

Barbie as Nutcracker (2001)

Barbie as Rapunzel (2002)

The Magic of Pergasus (dunno which year??)

Princess & The Pauper (2004)

Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses - (2006)

And there are many more as I discovered from Fairytopia to Swan Lake, but I'm so lazy to type & coincidentally I found this forum.

Some history knowledge of Barbie, click here

No comments: