Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Aunty Pat

I received a surprise call on Monday from Aunty Pat.
It had been aeons (okay abit over- exaggerated here) since I spoke to Aunty Pat. Well..... 2 years? 3 years? But occasionally we do send sms during the festive season.


She was in Tampines and was trying her luck. Don't call it luck, call it fate I was still in Tampines (brought Aricia to the sinseh) so of course must meet her right?
Sorry if she had to smell the 臭 臭 Aricia who haven't had her bath yet (well.. I had one in the morning)... but then again I can give that as an excuse "it's baby's smell..." Haha!

I was outside Crystal Jade first, so when I saw her... my emotions ran high. I teared coz' I hadn't seen her for so long... and...I missed her tho' we knew we had each other in mind all the time. But it's different from seeing the physical her - know what I mean?


Know why I feel attached to Aunty Pat? Coz' she is just like a mother to me. And it was her words of wisdom that woke me up from my dreams of going back flying after giving birth to Athena (yes, I went through the interview and hubby stopped me.. blah blah.. I cried coz' I really missed flying & wanted to go back. Friends encouraged me but none seem to work until Aunty Pat spoke.)

It's her first time seeing Aricia (obviously!) and at one glance can tell the stark difference between the 2 sisters.


Okay... here's a picture of us in poor resolution (coz' it was handphone camera). Funny it seems this morning I had the urge to bring my camera along but for some reason I didn't listen to my heart.
Wai Wai - Ling Li's niece (Ling Li was my ex-colleague in SQ. She's still in there. And she's Athena's Godma) and us

No comments: