Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking back : 2007

The year is coming to an end. 2008 will be in a few hours time.

So, how have my year been?

Generally, I think this is a good year for me. The early part of the year sees me trying to find out and learn more about my new growing baby - Aricia. And then I picked myself up from my 'remorseful for not going thru BF with the bleeding from surgery'. I looked forward in a more optimistic manner and yes! my girl is very happy now, very giggly, very adorable. BF doesn't count in this areas, right?
And then as I thought the year would end nicely, my paternal grandma left us in August.
My lil' Aricia started to have fits. She was competing with me who would threw up the most fits at home. I won! But it's not the fits that I want to see my child going through. I've learnt to be stronger (yah lah... I say only. when the time comes I cry again)
2007 sees a year where I get to know more people through blogosphere. And they were so willing to help me (then a complete stranger who barge into their lives suddenly) when I enquired about their beautiful websites.
I got to know Jasmine - Shannon's mummy, Ros - Louisa and Lavigne's mummy, Jencelynn - Jeannieve's mummy
This year too, we were 'tickled' with the idea of relocating. Which obviously didn't materialise and thank God. Somehow we've learnt that home is still sweeter


Here looking and surging ahead in 2008.
I look forward to :
for others
a) being a better mom - try to curb my temper. Should try a different parenting style on Athena. If it doesn't work, then I can just give up on this girl; knowing that I can't rely on her in the future.
b) being a better wife - have been too busy with the children. Perhaps should find couple-timeout this year and get to know my husband better
c) being a better daughter - err... bring my mother out more often?? Hee!

for myself
a) lose some weight
b) better time-planning (ahem.. no sleep). I don't want to get too caught up in making flashcards that I'm losing time spent with my children
c) learn baking / decorating cakes.

You think I'm prepared to usher in the new year? Err... not yet! Coz' by the time you read this, I'll be in 2008. Haha!

No comments: