Sunday, November 11, 2007

This is the last one!!!

I know I am always ' calling out wolf ' when I say things like this. I always tell Athena "no more birthday parties" but in the end even before she opens her mouth for her next birthday party, this itchy (backside) mouth will ask her " what theme will it be next year. Who do you like?"

I had months of preparation in sourcing for favors. Then I bought some, worst still when you have the number of children increasing then I have to buy again.
Now, I'm still pressed for time in doing the small nitty gritty stuffs. Shit! Today's 11th and only 13 days to her party and I'm still hawing all over.

To make it worst! Hubby had to suggest yesterday, "find some place to do it lah! Our house so small...." Like his smart alec (with a pun intended) wife dunno like that. Which was why I had no idea where to go to since he didn't own any membership in any club anywhere. Since we're stuck in ulu Punggol. Okay, I know suggesting is one thing but he don't help. Expect me to do everything! And I must say, all these years of birthday parties' planning and pre-preparations are one-man show. So it's not professionally done up. So..... hey a poor girl get to celebrate her birthday in a poor way.

All the man does is to 'release the money to me' and on the party itself 'eat/ watch TV and don't mingle.' - which is why I am hesitant in doing it at home. Not that I've got fantastic thing planned up for her party. Not that I'm hiring someone to entertain the kids. I am doing it myself - remember it was suppose to be a small one this year?? Only 8 (including Athena) ended up with *gasp* 15 or was it 16?? I need a bigger room! Throw away our dining table, throw away our sofa and TV console - mebbe still got hope! Then everyone can cramp into our pathetic living and dining room and have a warm & cramped fellowship. Haha!

But so last minute........all cards printed out & sent out already. I have no time to print it again.

No comments: