Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Updates!

The birthday party blog entry is too long, it's taking time but I've got so much to talk about so, I shall do these first :

Fever!
My poor Ari has fever (again) on Sunday out of no reason. She was sniffling away and we didn't even go anywhere!!
Yesterday brought her to the chinese sinseh - no choice she's taken too much western medicine already. Every time I say "bring her to the western to quickly treat the symptoms then bring her to chinese once she's well to treat inner problem." Problem is she gets well one day; next day or two later sick again. So I keep dragging the time again and again.
Lady sinseh did the 刮痧 for her. Poor thing my girl cried; the mother cry. (Ai yah... whole life the mother cry one lah!) I thought I should try tuina but it's really far for me (altho' I have a car but really it's no joke being a mad mother running about without resting), moreover to do this tuina, it has to be very regular. I don't have any support you know. Some people make it sound so easy.. just bring her there what?! I don't have my MIL to help me; my mom is busy enough with my nephew. In the first place, when my child is sick I have to make sure my mom don't get close to them just in case she gets infected. Then I still have the classes for the children etc....

Today, went down in the morning. Was to meet Moo Han there for Nay's review in the morning but she fell sick. Hope she gets well soon. But lady doctor is not there and no way I'm going to see her brother so I went off. Will go back later in the evening. And since Athena has her music lesson, I need to mobilise my units - brother to help me bring her to Yamaha just in case I cannot make it back in time. Coz the lady clinic starts at 7pm and Athena's lesson is at 8.15pm. Errr.............at certain timing, there's parking problem in TM! All these are just in case the consultation takes longer than usual.
Anyway, since I couldn't meet Nay. I had to bring down his present to his home in Bedok Reservoir , I hope he likes what I got him. Then worse than being a chauffeur, I had to go down to Amanda's home in Pasir Ris to pass her something.

Medium
I suddenly remembered this. I know christians don't believe this. But being desperate I have to try all means to ensure my Ari is well. Infact, it did happen to Athena once when she was younger... medications didn't work on her until one fine day my sister reminded my mom. My mom went down and they did say "her soul left when she fell" so mom did what she had to do and believe it or not, Athena was well after that.
I'm indeed surprised that when I talked to KZ about this. She being a christian is so open- minded. Infact, she did tell me some interesting stories too!
So tomorrow night will go down to see what's wrong. Of if anyone do black magic??

Going back home?
We're not going to let KZ go back home when we're not around. I called the Embassy and she has to pay income tax. 10% of her monthly salary x how many months she's here. We decided forget it, anyway she still has another 7 more months.

Working for us again?
I asked her again, she mentioned "I go home and ask my mother.." what do you think she's suggesting? I doubt so... coz' I already told her that we cannot have any long breaks in between as I really need help with 2 young kids. I don't mind if she intends to work for us and we can let her go back for a holiday first. Thought it'll be a good idea for her to ask her mom while she's back for her holiday but since we gotta pay the income tax etc..there's no way she can communicate with her family members.
But we'd love to have her back with us coz' she's really good. And if she left, the house would be so different coz' she's already part of our family. We don't mind paying her more if she wants to stay on....

Violin
I have made the decision to stop her violin class, although I was the first person to be so insistent not to let her have the habit of doing things halfway. But it's really taking a toil on my health, Ari has been demanding more attention from me with her falling sick so often. I've been really exhausted going from place to place. Plus, if she's the type who can practise on her own without me asking her to or doing things properly - I wouldn't have made the choice. Tiring! Lessons everyday but she still don't play properly. Robot also will break down one day.
I am quite sad though........ I am beginning to love the sound of violin. She is going to miss her friends, I am going to miss Rag and Hiroe too.
I was thinking...if time permits next time maybe I will put her back. Or maybe let her learn private? I'm keeping my options open for now. So at least now I know I don't have to rush every Tuesdays.. well time being until I find out the schedule for the classes I'm putting her into.

Art Class
Pulling her out from this too and put her in Berries. Whatever it is, it means pull out from 2 classes put back 2 classes. But this time round it's all academic wise coz' I need to prep her for P1

Contradiction?
I thought of putting her in Kumon, was I thought I read it from somewhere that Kumon - the assessment papers based - and Shichida method contradicts.

Angry!
Is it me or what?! I was so angry yesterday when those bloody idiots never press the "Door Open" button when we were going in. And the door hit Athena's arms. I quickly slid my hand in to hit the side of the lift doors (you should know what I'm talking about). At that attempt, still those idiots never quickly press door open or try to block the door. If I hadn't done that, I'd have one bruised girl going down the lift alone without the mummy. That is beside the point. I hate it when SINGAPOREANS are so inconsiderate.
I open my mouth in the lift and scolded. Yah yah yah,call me crazy or menopause woman but these people deserve a thrashing from me. " Can't you all just press Door Open? Injure one child! So inconsiderate!" Okay, from 2nd floor to 1st floor want to continue ranting also cannot lah. Then Athena mummy say "mummy my arm pain." My tactless remark was "of course painful what! These people so old enough also so stupid to open the door."
But I really hate these people.

Hong Kong Trip
The photos are finally up after a long long time..
Click here. It's also on the sidebar on all our blogs

Slow server
I might want to change the broadband server. My Starhub is too slow & driving me crazy, which explained the time it took for me to upload the photos in - had to use brother's computer.
Initially I didn't want to change coz' I was using the number for my home business. But I've decided to stop, no use paying ACRA my biz licence when I don't even have time to run the business.Maybe it's not even my calling- my calling is party planning?? Hahaha!

Aricia's 读书读书
Oh my! I've stopped this for so long... what with her falling sick so often. I have to re-start my 65 day Math Program again. Re-start my GD... and what's most frustrating is that I've already written the dates behind, I gotta waste time doing that again?!

Kena scolding
2 weeks ago, mom received a crude remark from Peggy - YJC teacher. "I still prefer the mummy to come." At the end of the lesson, mom went up to her to apologize if Athena had angered her, and that the mummy wasn't able to come coz' something cropped up at home. Susanna, who was there at the time, asked if it's coz' Ari had fits again. Only then did Peggy didn't dare to sound too harsh. Where did she think I went to? Shopping huh?

Ari double eyelid
I didn't realise this but KZ highlighted to me that everytime Ari is about to fall sick, her right double eyelid appears.

3 comments:

Shannon's Mummy said...

Poor Ari having fever again...

So young kenna kua sa?? Of cos mummy will cry lah.. *hugz*

Medium - Well, no harm visiting and see how.. 宁可信其有 不可信其无

Violin - Athena loves to play violin? If yes, it would be a pity. Kids learn better if they are interested

Angry - Wow... I have to agree that some stupid singaporean are damn inconsiderate!!! My hubby will also scold them if it happens.

Double eyelids - Yes.. this happen to one of my friend's kid too.. Whenever the child is falling sick, the double eyelids will appear!

Lily Ann said...

Ari - dunno why her immunity vy low. No choice I guess usually families with 2 children & more face the same problem as me. Just that I have 2 be extra careful with her fever

Violin - she asked to play. she can play just she's vy lazy; likes to play too much.But for now, the mother cannot take it..

Angry - sometimes just wish I can slap their bloody face! Singaporeans are selfish; ill bred people!

Double eyelid - in that case, i'd rather not see any double eyelids

Karmeleon said...

It's a lot of hard work, Lily. Maybe when she's older. She's still so young. Our kids are not so young so I can set standards, and they DO want to improve (as in be better than their friends or even better than they already are), so they are motivated in that way.

I can't see a preschooler having that kind of motivation.

And their schedule does seem pretty full for you, I'd admit. Would drive me crazy. I'm amazed you can do sooooo much!