Thursday, November 22, 2007

Medical products

Read this very interesting story in the New Paper today

And that it reminded me that I was at the fair last Saturday. I saw booths selling cordeyceps and being very curious about it, I walked closer. And as usual you see alot of aunties standing there asking for price; thinking it's bloody good deal they're paying. I asked for price and the lady told me for that box of cordeyceps (rather pui pui looking) costs $190. Some booths sells $180, $170. Whatever it is, there is no price control over this.

When I heard the price, my face changed. One uncle snapped back in chinese "are you sure this whole box costs $190? In Eu Yan Sang, one small pack will costs $700 over dollars. Those who been to Eu Yan Sang will know that their products are very expensive, but let me assure you they choose the best quality. And in Eu Yan Sang you do see those pui pui cordeyceps - unlike the pack of slim cordeyceps I usually buy - which is now priced at $600+.

So, you can imagine the scenerio when that uncle and me walked away shaking our heads. And what did the China lady do? Kept quiet.... is it honest business dealing? I don't think so, one "zhar" costs $5. Hear this.. $5!!! Those cheapo aunties buy and eat already.... I dunno what happen to them siah! Body system all malfunction.

At the other booth, I took one cordeycep to see. The colour is different and there is no smell at all.

We have been hearing news about China selling fake products, so please don't be deceived by these people into buying it. Of course I must admit that the Chinese are very smooth talker. Go to a reliable source.

No comments: