Friday, November 30, 2007

Post Party : All the knick knacks

A very big thank you / Gracias mucho
The party wouldn't have been made possible for your attendance. I know many have rushed down from some other parties or risk missing their 高い - expensive - Shichida classes.
Most importantly I know everyone deserve their name mentioned for playing their part in assisting me (scotch taper helper; Mr free ballonist aka bao ga liao; Mary the pole dancer(the one who helped me hold the other end of the pole etc....), no wonder our house is still 'surprisingly not that very dirty' after the party. And the busy photographer/ videographer (who fortunately didn't start singing while filming but he forgot to turn off so I had my head tilted one side when viewing... haha! It's okay) But really a very BIG thank you to all.
Oh yes! Thanks to Mike to for responding so efficiently for my requests for some photos taken on his camera.

My apologies
For those who I couldn't play host properly. I'm sorry if I didn't chat up with you long and made you felt deserted.
Also, on that day (in fact days ago) hubby was down so which explained he wasn't present or mingling coz' he was napping in the room. And I'm sure all of you don't mind too coz' he was avoiding all contacts just in case the germies are spread.
Also I did notice in the video that the birthday girl ran off when presented with the birthday present. It must have felt terrible to be ignored, so now let the mother apologize for her rude behaviour.

Feedback
I welcome your honest feedback on the party. Don't worry about hurting my feelings etc.. if not I won't even bother to ask

Things I felt I needed improvement
1) should hire one photographer coz' I have alot of photos not taken. A outsider would do the job for me so that my poor brother can rest and enjoy the party, but instead he was busy.
2) the games were probably long & draggy & boring.
Or maybe if I had a bigger space, I would have liked made the children walked from one obstacle to the next so I didn't have to waste time pasting & sticking paper on the floor, only to tear it up to make way for the next etc.. and by then everything will be smooth sailing.
3) Mistake : Counting Stars - could have just teach 1 to 3. Counting to 5 is too tough for the kids...
: forgot children will be thirsty. Never considered drink break. Haha!
: I just realised I was very naggy. Of course the children knew what to do with pinata. I was still instructing them.??? Haha! Hear my own irritating voice in the video I also get fed up.

Comments from mom
1) said I do too much things and give things at different time. Should put everything in one bag then let them bring home. I explained certain things are given at games so I can't just put in the bag. And I'd rather give them first when they first come so that I don't have to worry about it later.
2) say I cut cake not nice. Of course lah! The daughter is only good in eating mah! Gotta cut fast, still expect the SQ "position at 7 o'clock style" huh? Actually the person having the toughest job is actually Angeline who helped to give out the cake coz' she needs to remember who she gave. But she was my LSS- Leading Stewardess when I was still a FSS - Flight Stewardess.. so her memory's really good!


Getting back figurines
Thanks to everyone's response. Sorry... I wouldn't have done so coz' I never take things back from people but to have a teary girl.. I had no choice.
I managed to find it all back. And I promised to get something in return for the return of the figurines. Mom commented that I'm crazy to spend money to get back the things, but my thinking was otherwise. It is cute, any child surely cannot resist so I pay back in another way.

Lost & Found
I don't know if you're a sentimental freak like me or this means to some kids.
This year, I've got 3 unidentified items belonging to some kids.
I've tagged them from A to C, let me know if it belonged to your child and I'll return it to you. I will hold on to it for about a month or so then I will discard it if no one identified it. Thanks!
A
B
C

No comments: