Monday, November 26, 2007

Job hazard / So free huh? / one more child / lagi more depressed

Job Hazard
Angeline (my ex team LSS) calls it a job hazard. It was so kind of her to help me distribute the birthday cakes around. Say, "job habit. Been serving people so many years, now become job hazard." I wonder if she did say "enjoy your meal sir/ mdm." Haha!

Today, I just realised that I'm still good in this -
my family were rushing to the studio to have a family photo shoot. I was in a hurry.. so I did my make up in car (my hand is still so steady after all these years) and the best thing? I was still able to paint my nails in the car while hubby's driving.
Expert!
Umm..... actually I normally do everything before I report for flight and will take 40 winks or read my homework in the cab on way to airport. But once (when I was staying with in-laws) I was rushing from my meeting with coursemates for project discussion to home to airport, so I did everything in car. Good thing was, I stayed in Jurong at that time, so make up (thank goodness face looked okay) and nail polish. Oops! Uncle BT reading this.....

So free huh?
I am frustrated when people think I'm so free.

I was asking hubby "confirmed buying air ticket for KZ to let her go back Myanmar for a short holiday?"
" You never call the embassy to check huh?"
" I was so busy preparing Athena's birthday, how to call? I don't even have time to prepare her party properly then Aricia sick etc.... since you so free, how come you don't call?"
"No need to call lah! You bring KZ down to the Embassy and let her ask."
" I still gotta drive down, you think I'm so free huh? Might as well call?!"
"Then you call lah!"
At that moment I feel like strangling him
"The party's just over yesterday. Want to call also must wait until tomorrow what?!" You think your wife so free nothing else better to do huh. You're very free, you call lah! Just open your mouth and ask."

I don't know leh.... I think I sounded blunt but I'm really frustrated leh! He expects me to do everything.

Then a while ago, KZ told me "mum, Aricia hair very long leh... bring her cut infront very nice." I also tell her off "you think your mum free huh? Everyday I bring Athena to school, come back home, bathe Aricia, lessons, pick Athena up from school. You see I have time to bring her out or not?"
Ai yoh..... let me relax a while first lah! One pair of hands, expect me to do so much! I only have one heart you know? I kan cheong, my heart stop beating I die leh!

No wonder that day I was telling someone that I'm really indispensible. I've been doing everything all by myself. Then when I'm sick, I have to activate the whole platoon. One to drive Athena to school; one to bring her to music lesson; one to.......
Damn! And nobody's thanking me but taking me for granted!

One more child
One idiot friend suggested to me in having one more kid - "have one boy born in October". I "fought back". One from September onwards to November. I finish one birthday party, I continue. I whole year only plan parties huh?

Lagi more depressed
Today as I drove out to bring Athena to school, I had to cross path with the big SembWaste truck. And I am so depressed and heartpain. I tak boleh tahan, don't scold again cannot.
Today, I scolded her. I'm so depressed so........I just can't describe it.

6 comments:

Karmeleon said...

Then don't have party, lor. Just buy cake and sing song at home, and open presents.

We only had a few parties when the kids were young (ok, not so young - around 5 to 8 years old). Small affairs - only invite about 5 or 6 friends who are all neighbours. No adults. Then I plan simple theme parties. Very fun. Little stress. Haven't had one (party) in ages though. No time and no energy and all the little neighbour friends have moved away, so no "guests".

Karmeleon said...

By the way, can ask your maid to call the embassy to ask herself?

My maid does all the background work and even gives me the telephone number to call, if needed. Or where to go, etc.

Karmeleon said...

She also goes to buy her own airticket back home. I pay the fare only after she returned to Singapore, altho I paid her OVERWeight luggage fine (!).

Lily Ann said...

Hi Sam,
It's just me lah.... You know I love to complain. But then when it come to party or event, I'm that kind who wants to do a proper job. It's just my personality. Alot of times I say I want to do simple, end up not simple. Coz' I think my benchmark too high. Haha! Just let this menopause woman complain....
We plan to surprise her so can't ask her to call the embassy herself. Coz' we're going for a short holiday so hubby suggested let her go home. Coz' we really have a very good helper, we want to reward her by paying the ticket for her too.

Karmeleon said...

You "menopause", then I what? *HAHA*

Lily Ann said...

Senile??