Thursday, July 5, 2007

Too kapo? Too over-protective?

I dunno... maybe I'm too motherly or too involved since I'm a mummy now.

Eliz took the pencil from her mummy, and was about to run with it. I stopped her and told her to give the mummy back the pencil. I kindda of tell her my reasons.. I dunno if Jenny felt shy that she had to call Eliz back (coz' my reasons was she might trip and hurt herself); or she simple didn't realise the danger to tell Eliz in the first place. You know sometimes someone spots something dangerous and you don't??
Whatever it is, sometimes I feel like kicking myself for being too kapo. I mean, it's their child.... would they feel that I'm the authority over their child? Or would they feel thankful? Err.....infact I'm not asking for credit I only hope they don't blame me for telling their children off (of course I don't scold them lah! I tell them nicely.. must act like angel infront of them mah?! I lose my head when it's Athena.)

When I met Angeline last week, she was walking ahead of me pushing the stroller, while I walked behind pushing Aricia. She left Alexandra to cross the small road herself, while instinctively I stopped and stretched out my hand to Alex. Angeline told me "it's ok, she can do it." Umm.... I wouldn't have done that with Athena. I have this habit of stopping, holding Athena's hand and I am always on the side that the car is travellin on (eg. stand on her right first; then middle of the road, do a transition 'dance' by going to her left side.
Was I too over-protective?? Whatever I'm doing with Athena can also harm her..

No comments: