Wednesday, July 11, 2007

If I had.....

I guess it's perfectly normal in every workplace, 2 person are attracted to each other coz' of the time spent together in an office. So many people always asks me if my husband is flying, is a pilot. Whatever makes them think that an ugly me can attract a pilot?

In both workplace I didn't end up nuturing feelings with my colleague. In the bank, there were alot of lao-charboh. Oh.. there is the Assistant Mgr whom my now deceased shifu tried to pull us together. But please lah! He's so much older than I am. I'd rather see which customer has alot of $ in their account and try to gao-shua them. Afterall, I'm known to be the Counter 2 girl (sound so crude) where all customer say I'm the most presentable staff there. It was at this bank, I got to know CCE John Chua, a few flight crew (one of whom I flew with him when I was an LSS and he's still an LS. He can't remember me..*sad*)
Since I go through data, the richest man's son is attached, cannot gao-shua the second rich boss's son, I thought I better leave the bank and try on higher grounds. On higher grounds - yes indeed - 40,000ft to be precise & sometimes slightly more.. It's a joke okay!

Once bitten, twice shy. Should have learnt my lesson right?! Dunno the kebaya too tight, make me cannot breathe; no blood going to brain; cannot think.. until now I....(sentence to be completed at end of blog entry)
Mother knows best; mother is doing everything she can to give me a good life - tell me to open my eyes big big when I'm inside ( I think she was joking right??) to fish for a big fish. Kena a shark how? I mati right? I tell mother "big fish in First Class, I don't have chance. I can only fish for farmer who sits in cattle class."
I did say before that I don't trust passengers and crew. Perhaps I was too negative in my thoughts. When I do PR with passengers, I could have been more acceptive. I usually stop when the passengers get too close (not physically but asks too much about me)
When working in UD, checking on the cockpit crew.. I could have tried to gao-shua the First Officers. Probably cannot gao-shua Captains coz' should be married already. And I do not want to be accused of being "the other woman" - in crude terms : a bitch, home-wrecker.

Infact I do have this true story to share :
I was still a newbie and then I flew with my buddy, Juliet. On a Kathmandu flight, 3 FSS and 1 FS were mixing with the Captain and First Officer. Let's just say that they took care of us, paid for our sightseeing. We weren't seeking for freebies but we went in a group; they brought us around. Day time - sightsee. Night time - we go to the captain's room to play games. And then there was the station manager and someone else who would join us. It was honest, pure fun. Day in/out we played until we were losing track of days. Captain would go "what day is it today? Tell me if anyone of you see an incoming yellow bird plane."
During the trip, the Captain took care of me really well. He was like my daddy and giving me lessons on being a good person.
And so the story ends when the trip is over right?
No............. months later (close to a year), I happened to do a flight with him again. And he called me into the cockpit to tell me something. He said "Lily, do you know that someone had been spreading horrible rumours after the KTM flight? I don't know if the person was jealous of you or what, but rumours has it that I was seeing a stewardess and we were so close. Somehow my wife got wind of it and started to question me. How the hell she get to know it, I don't know. And she wanted to know who was this stewardess."
Oh my! I can't believe it?! I couldn't really concentrate in my work after that, not that I was guilty of being a home-wrecker. But it's the fact that I've been accused of things that I did not do. (up till this day, I'm still thankful for the advices that he gave me) I didn't want any of this to happen again, as it is I really enjoyed flying and I didn't want to be forced to resign should anything happen. So that's why I kindda avoided the opportunities of romancing with a cockpit crew.

As for passengers, I always thought that many of them like to have a pretty vase next to them, to be looked upon to by their friends for being able to get a SQ girl. (well.... maybe for other girls - yes. For the ugly me, not worth it) So I never want to get involved in a passenger.


I look at Hiroe, Angela, Grace and many more...(from the mothers group that I did join the rare times with Angela.) And thought I could have opened up my mind. I may or may not end up marrying a cockpit crew or passenger.
If I was easily swayed by the gao-shua words of the First Officers by trying to impress me with the stars and astrology, perhaps now I am living in a (at least) condo or better still- landed property. Not working, mixing with the group of mummies.
Other possible things could have happened too :-
1) I wouldn't have met June who introduced me to blogging, and you won't be reading this!
2) I wouldn't have joined Cali Fitness to exercise (thanks to June). Probably in the slimming centres, lying down to sleep while they got things sticking on me.
3) I wouldn't have 2 beautiful girls. Though I will still call my daughter Athena


So now I am resigned to be an ah-soh!

No comments: