Friday, July 6, 2007

First Shichida lesson

So excited today, finally the day for Aricia's Shichida is here! Heard so much ever since Athena's time but never really went for it.
Dunno whether it'll work for Aricia since she can't output for me now. But have heard so much positive remarks about it. I'd like to hear from Mel what she has to say.

Mom & dad were laughing when I made the remark "Aricia 去读书." They said "so small,读什么书." Dad offered to do it for me and I can pay him the $700++, I say he's mad. He'd only teach Aricia wrong words and drink kopi.

Lesson is at 1230 in Springleaf Tower, Sensei Sheryl is young. Suppose to have six babies (inc Aricia) but one didn't turn up. Apparently Aricia is the only princess there, the babies were touching and I'm glad Aricia didn't wail out loud when I left her on the mattress with strangers. And she didn't seem to care about me either, was smiling at everyone & touching babies. They were all curious about one another, so it's really cute to see them having a "tea party"

Lesson started with a song, and I tell you.......... all the mummies knows the song - so it's not their first child in the school liao. I was struggling with the song but it'll take some practice. Aricia sat up with her two palms on the table looking at the screen.
Then sensei started by telling the day "today is 6th July 2007 (pointing to white board) and how is the weather today?" All the mummies chorused,"it's a sunny day.." All the babies were busy looking here and there. I was laughing to myself, who's attending class huh?

Lesson plan :

1. Blowing a boat.. dunno for what? Maybe sensei did say but I was too busy trying to catch hold of my girl who keeps wanting to touch the card and mouth it. Ended up mummy blowing the boat, while she was smart enough to use her hand to push it to the other hand- which is faster and less tiring. Yay! My girl's smart!!
2. Sensei took a monkey with a bell tied to it and dangled in all directions. Wow! That got her attention coz' she stood up on the chair.
3. Then we went shopping for fish, she had to put the 4 different fishes into the plastic bag. Which she wasn't interested, took the fish and then mouthed it, while I was explaining it to her and reading the Japanese words on it to tell her. Ahh.... she was so slow in each corner that we were the last one to return to our seats.
Then she had 6 mini sushis - pretend play lah! Wah..my girl damn serious leh! Open her mouth so big and I push away the plate from her coz she was stretching out to take it, she got frustrated began making noise.
She's the only girl there but the most active one! The mummy spent most of the time catching hold of her; carrying her; trying to tell her things only to have her mouthing them. Sigh.. I see the rests quite okay, we drop the cards quite often coz' she kept wanting to touch them (infact one big mistake, I do let her touch the flashcards at home when I'm not doing her lessons - of course she can't mess them up. Now, gotta make sure by hook or by crook, it's going to be OFB for her!)
4. wah....a long list and I can't remember much liao. Oh no! Okay... (consolation) only first lesson and I dunno what's happening so forgiven and they happen quite fast. Flashcards (Aricia's favourite) was fast until I also dunno what she was saying. Did sound like mumbling to me.
Aricia kept looking at me and I had to carry her close to me when sensei is flashing the cards. I think Aricia's confuse "how come another lady is flashing cards??" coz Aricia kept looking at me giving me the blur look.

I guess Athena's more receptive to some games I'm using on her. Dunno lah! Guess I can't expect much from a baby now, but you know it does gets on my nerves to have her mouthing the things all the time, standing up on the chair - the only one who can't sit still (I suspect those parents actually used the same method at home on their babies so they were more attentive they also remained so positive - while I was quite suspecting if Aricia is paying attention or trying to "paktor" with the boy next to her (he kept touching her).

When lesson ended, had to bring Aricia for her lunch. It's late lunch, well no choice she refused to nap at 10am though she was up since 7am. I had to put her back in the carseat and drive the car out much earlier. She fell asleep even before I hit the ECP, drove into the carpark near East Coast - she napped, I was measuring the bags for Aricia & Iggy. Glad that she napped otherwise she'd be cranky during lesson.. but just no time to eat.
She was so hungry that she gulped everything down in less than 20mins.
Umm.... I need better planning from next week onwards.

Verdict : mom's all shagged out!

No comments: