Sunday, July 15, 2007

PEC

PEC suppose to start at 7pm but alot of people came late, taking their time to stream into the hall. I dunno what's the thing about Singaporeans coming in late for events eg. for wedding dinners. Bet for freebies, they'd be there first and already queuing up!!

Started at 7.25pm and ended late at 10.45pm. Athena deliberately stayed up to wait for me, called to talk to me but I didn't pick up the phone at that time.

Some interesting things that I'd like to share :
1) Windows of opportunities as a child's brain matures (thanks to Singapore Preschool Zone where I managed to get this image from)

2) Something which I read from somewhere else is mentioned again in the PEC. This time the age is given. I've done it up in a chart to show you.
3) Shichida says "love creates the mind"

Extracted from their Japan website :
Children have hidden wonderful potentials. What draws them out are the parents’ love and trust towards their children. The parents’ love will draw out the children’s heart and the parents trust will cultivate their heart. However, if you raise your children with the wrong kind of love by spoiling, their hearts will be distorted and desirable growth cannot be expected. It is necessary to be strict enough to correct children’s actions when they do something wrong. The gentleness and the strictness of love are necessary as children grow up.


It's said "once parents change their mindset to a positive one, children will relax and start opening up their heart. As long as the parents have negative thoughts about their children, the children's heart will easily resonate with their parents' negative thinking and they will be stressed out. They handle such situations with their left brain, a stress-responding brain. This is why their learning capability is reduced."
Then now it's time to reflect on my parenting style?? Maybe I should try to curb down my temper (but then again, sometimes it's really difficult especially when I gotta handle 2 kids on my own. And the older one always like to waste time.) Let's just see.. how long I can hold on to this.

4) Jocelyn talked about mind-body unity. Somehow she mentioned this example : a child can't sit still coz' brain can't be still. Child sit still coz brain not stimulated.
I hope my 2 childrens "can't sit still" means their brain is working the right way. But then again, I've noticed Eliz who's gone through Shichida for quite a long time can sit still - maybe it's her behaviour. But I tell you that girl is smart, one year younger than Athena (technically 2 months only) but she's already in K1 this year)


No comments: