Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Different views *re-edited*

And so the conclusion is :
Met Si Xian's mummy yesterday (again), it's very rare we'll bump into each other coz' she's a busy mom. And she'll be taking care of the two kids for one week as her mother (the carer) is on holiday. Only her first day she claimed and she cannot take it already "ai yah it's better to go out and work, not so tiring. I can't manage with 2."
Now Jenny told me she feels like quitting, she's too tired with the travelling around and busy work schedule. (actually she's one very good mummy. Altho' her 2 girls are at her mom's place in Pasir Ris, she makes an effort to bring them for their ballet and music classes from her workplace & home in west. She makes an effort to be there for them. If I were her, I would have surrendered long time ago.) Well what's my final conclusion?? The pasture is always greener on the other side. How to be a tai-tai when there's not many rich men around in Singapore?? Be somebody's mistress??

Shichida
Asked Hiroe if she did let her 2 girls attend Shichida, I thought Japanese will be loyal to their country, people, brand?? And Hiroe would send her kiddos..but no.
Different people, be it Japanese or whatever skin colour, have different views. She shook her head and said "no", her body language showed me that she's not a believer in this." But she did explain that it's popular but not as popular as it is over here. "Japanese mothers are not so...." I completed the sentence for her "as kiasu as Singaporean mothers?" "Yes"
In my mind, I thought about the number of news we read every year how Japanese students pour over their books in preparation for the major exams and how some decided that ending their lives would be better. So which society is more kiasu or should I say death-defying??
Whatever it is, all mothers love their children all the same.
I did tell Hiroe that there is slight change in the method between Japanese and ours. She further explained to me that Shichida can be performed by anyone who's trained and in Japan is done mostly at home, unlike here which is so commercialized. I agreed with her on that view.
Well.. honestly I dunno if it'll work but I'm willing to try. But on the other hand, Athena who hasn't gone through Shichida has done well with the practices I did with her now. So what had helped her? In the end, too much $$ spent

Inborn genius? Yes, my daughter is a genius like all babies are - just that I had tapped on it when she was a baby. I didn't realise that all the foreign music CDs I had been playing for her; the games that I selected for her; the things that I did with her were tapping on her right brain. Oh no.. I am no Dr Shichida and I had no inking idea what it's all about except for flashcards at that time, and I thought it was the same 'wordy' flashcards likes GD style. There is a discussion between me and a piano teacher in a forum that music helps - she mentioned about Mozart Effect. I did have a few CDs. And my children were listening to it when they're inside tummy. Infact they listened to loads of it, helps too that I like classical music & I love music.
The VCDs & music CDs bought locally or online + games
+ GD (expensive$$$) flashcards + now preparing some more DIY + looking at some more Shichida stuffs (Jap speaking CDs - siao! I might as well marry a Jap in the first place!!). Oh goash! I I never calculated how much I've spent and still spending. Maybe I should start a home-based school to make up the amount I've spent. Haha!
Sometimes I wonder, why I do so much for them?? They are so smart that they can even argue back with me???

The only thing my Athena lack is confidence. I've been acting like a motivational guru "Athena, say I CAN DO IT."

Athena : I can doowit
Me : I can do it, I can do it. You can do it
Athena : I can doowit...........(looked at me puzzled) mummy do what huh?
Me : *slap own head*
Maybe should send her for motivational groups - more $$ spent.

No comments: