Friday, July 13, 2007

2nd Shichida lesson

Aricia went for her second Shichida lesson today, and I must admit I'm pretty impressed by that girl's slight improvement.

Before session starts, I had a glance (today's view of the babies from where I'm sitting is better) and it looks so cute with those babies all so ka-tek (short), sitting on a chair with table infront of them. She was the most eager of the lot, hitting the table with her hands "piak piak piak'; shaking her legs. I wonder if she's really looking forward to the session or the....

She did well for the ESP - guessing who's behind the door, and where is the train. I was getting quite doubtful wondering if there's such thing called ESP but perhaps it did clear my doubts that she probably did have ESP.
Pretend play was a trip to the "museum" where we saw painting s by Van Gogh and Piccaso. You know Piccaso's style of drawing right?? That ugly and funny looking way of drawing people. We were at the second last piece of "art". I was telling her about the pictures and then she pointed at the picture and said "dada" Haha! I told her daddy isn't that ugly.

On the whole she was getting the hang of it - err........I was talking about getting the hang of quickly mouthing everything in her mouth. Now she knows she wants to mouth the items, she has to do it fast before we change games. Ask her to do something, she mouths it. Ask her to place down a card, she mouths it. Until I kindda wanna change that frustration into her benefit (actually cannot say frustrated. Shichida method believes in positive positive attitude). For one play, where we had to put the number of "eggs" in a frying pan according to the number. I did that and did additional by asking her to wait for it to cook and then pop into her mouth - pretending to eat and count how many eggs she had. Wow! For that pretend play, she sat down quietly for me. Sigh.......
Actually she is quite alright, just that she's really too active in class. The other children can sit down but she has to stand up with palms on the table and lean forward to see. Then she got distracted at one time with the Observation Books infront of her and kept crawling on the table to touch them.

Maybe still need more time to get herself know that it's going to be her routine every Friday. Maybe it's the wrong timing?? I dunno, she did manage to nap today before the class (but it's really very rushing for me); managed to have her lunch before the class. She's generally alright the first half of the session, second part she gets even more active and sometimes wants to be cuddled as we do the game. But... but that girl gets so excited when it comes to music and when sensei played the sounds of transportation modes. She'll smile; sit up straight and clap her hands. During the music playing, I quickly take that as a break from carrying her and put her down on the chair or table, and she'll move in rhythm and clap her hands. So happy that girl! I've got more to learn.

Umm.... was suppose to borrow more materials from Angeline next week, but she called to inform that she probably had to go through c-section today. Well, it's okay most important is still baby & mummy. I can't wait to see her!!

No comments: