Sunday, July 22, 2007

All rubbish summed up ( be warned : vy vy long)

Si Xian mummy
Had a chat with Si Xian's mummy as we both bumped into each other (after such a long time)

She always look like she's in a rush - even the way she talks. She complains about being very busy & tired. Her younger son (1 month younger than Aricia) is currently being looked after by her mom in Telok Blangah and only home on Fridays. But she has no choice but to work, they can't survive on her husband's salary, and how they are making ends meet (her Baby bonus for 2nd baby has been utilized already by paying Si Xian's school fees)

I guess I am blessed that I have the luxury of not working if compared to her and Athena's other classmates' mothers. Aptly, I can be called a bum! But then again, I told her taking care of kids is tiring, even more tiring than working and how some mothers prefer to work. She don't understand me... infact not only her, everyone else (I had the same thinking too when I was preggie) would think it's easy job.
While I can empathise with her and said "yes, I know what you mean. I used to work at one point..and was still in workclothes at 11pm cleaning the house." I did not elaborate further that I was over exhausted by housework & giving her little lessons, she simply said "no you don't understand." Ehh........I think she wasn't listening to me, I did empathise with her didn't I?

Then I start thinking about the different categories of mothers :

1) Work but have help at home
These people are a bunch of lucky people, they have their own steady income and they don't get stressed by taking care of their own kids. Sometimes, they are some parents who are helpless when they're left alone with their own kids.
They have the help from their helper or someone else to share the burden. Well, there's advantage in staying together with your in-laws or husband's sister (I know of some people) or the helper - depending on how much you can trust to leave your child alone with helper alone.

2) Work but no help at home
Depending on how much help the hubby can help. And it also depends on how fussy or how clean the mother is. I am very obsessed about cleanliness. Clean surfaces everywhere, it was practically eg. I walk to kitchen to put back tablecloth & there's something to do there. Then I clear something from the kitchen top to put in cabinet, noticed cabinet untidy then... continuous work.
No doubt, I was very naggy. eg. there I was trying to quickly wash Athena's school clothes while I let her watch TV while waiting for her porridge to cook, she messes up the place. Then I ask her to eat by herself while I quickly sweep the floor,she messes the floor. And hubby travels alot, at that time and now - even when I have help - whether he's around or not, makes no difference.
Some mothers can cope coz' they only clean their house on the weekends. *gasp* - I can't. Buay tahan!

3) SAHM and no help
It's something like 2), only thing is probably you can rest when child is resting. Then again, it all depends on whether you can plonk to bed just like that. And whether you can plonk to bed without worries. I can't! I must finish my work before I can relax...
With Athena, I was without help. But I was busy even when she's napping. I'm lucky she's able to be left alone even for a short while. But I'm with her all the time, the time when she's napping, I do housework. When she wakes up, it was GD, reading, VCDs, music and movements etc...

This gf I know :
Her hubby is totally hands on everything. And mind you she's not working - shouldn't the hubby be resting sufficiently not her?? Please mothers who are reading this, I'm not suggesting that we don't need rest - clearly I need more rest than my hubby. But you should know that I'm suggesting we should pamper a little on our hubby who are bringing the bread home. (sayang them so we can get more allowance from them - haha!)
Like I said her hubby is hands on everything including the child. So the hubby took leave while she's doing her confinement (and she had a confinement nanny) and fed baby all the time. Even when she's finished confinement, he did the night feeds.
Housework was done once a week. But still......she didn't have to do anything.
Oh my! She's really lucky to have such a good hubby.

4) SAHM and with help
This category of mothers will be a little relaxed over the household chores part. Then again, there are some mothers who totally rely on their helpers with the caring of their children. And they don't do anything with their children. They can be termly called the tai-tais.

Clearly I don't fit in this category coz' I'm very hands on with my children.
I only leave the putting to sleep (Aricia) to helper, while she's doing that I quickly check emails or do whatever I need to do now - list stated in another header.
Dunno to say I'm still very suay that I can't even fit into the tai-tai category. I think it's just me, I'm very pro "stimulate the child in whatever way" - except for erotic ways. So will do and buy things to make my children smarter than mummy. I have that strong sense of responsibility & discipline towards Aricia (that's why it's good for me to send Athena to full day school) that sometimes I thought I'd sneak to do some shopping in town after gym - but instead I zipped back home to give her her lessons. Too selfless liao!

5) SAHM with help & they don't care about their children!!

This group of mothers are not fit to be called mothers. They only think about enjoying themselves and then the poor children are brought up to be sum-seng giah.
The naughty boys, Joseph & Jeremy's mummy falls in this category. They have been in alot of trouble with the school.. and they're only in K1 &K2, wonder what will happen in Pri and Sec

**********************************************************************************************

Shichida 3rd lesson & 5 mins suggestion
She was way too active during her class on Friday. Kept wanting to climb on the table to reach out for the books, and when I bring her down she makes alot of noise. She was interrupting the class, the otherwise guai guai boy boys class.
Kept throwing things from the table, I was more aggitated than ever!

Perhaps she was protesting or the 5 minutes suggestion didn't get through to her. Reason being on 2 nights I did with her,- 1st night : was rather pleased with myself and about to end when she turned to look at me. Sleeping or not?? 2nd night : she wailed. 3rd night : she was probably too tired to hear me.

Really worry if she has ADHD -ate too much durian when preggie? I need to get her
meditation CD - found this online. Will it help her? for sure I know I don't need (I love New Age and classical coz' it helps me relax & sleep. Now I'm overly exhausted that I'll sleep) or maybe I should give her cleeping pills.

Yippee! Booked!!
Finally booked the tickets today to Athena's long waited Hi 5 show. Had been holding back coz' we needed to finalize plans. So by now (weeks later) for sure I can't get the first row - kiasu mother. I got the third row from the front. Yippee! Actually I hope it's a good choice, dunno if they're allowed to stand up. You know Category 1 sits on the floor, Category sits on elevated platform. Umm.... hope she can see. And what was my request from Athena? She can't eat Sakae Sushi for 4 months. Hubby said it's too long, I think it's better this way otherwise I can end up in Sakae with her at least once a week. *sians* The date's 31st August. Kathleen not here, replaced by ?? Tim not here too??

KZ'S here for one year already

I traced back my previous entries, and slowly I'm transported back to one year ago. KZ came home with us on July 16th. Prior to her arrival, I raved about our household having a stranger in the house, and how hubby cannot be half-naked and I must remember to wear my bra.. and be dressed even I need to quickly run out of toilet to get something in my room..
Updates : hubby was dressed, then I think he couldn't take it so now he's half naked again. I guess she must be used to it now, no blood shot eyes from her?! Ha!
Stranger in the house? She's already part of our family, on the contrary I know I will miss her when she goes back home next year. She has no intention of continuing work coz' of her aged parents but she dare not tell me. But she's rather hesistent in going back too, coz' otherwise she'll have no chance to get out of her otherwise regime country
Said she's learning to speak mandarin. She's more keen in polishing up her English. Her English has improved but I can't say much about her appalling pronunciation, which sends me tearing my own hair like Prof Higgins (she's Eliza Doolittle) and correcting her. Instead of teaching her "The Rain in Spain..." I went " A says eh not uh" - coz' she pronounces alot of words eg. panty as in "pun ty. Her sentence :Athena, you wear your pun-ty the wrong side. " Argh!
Her cooking & the thawing joke:
She used to really whip up what mom taught her but now she's more chin-chye. And we're rather chin-chye too, as long as our stomach filled (I can't criticise much coz' I can't cook)
"Why is she so black black?" - Athena said this. She's obviously fairer now.

Backpack

It's taking too long for me to sew it. I've more or less finished Athena's backpack, that girl wanted stars in her bag. At the rate I'm going, I dunno if I can finish all. I've yet to start on Aricia's bag. Hoping I can finish it soon. I only have time on Saturday, I'm one crazy woman sitting in Yamaha with a stupid string, needle and a child scissors. Haha!

Dreamz again

Ai yah... I have been dreaming about me in that kebaya again and working with my sightseeing kaki LSS. It's either hinting to me that I've finally lost weight to pre-pregnancy and can definitely fit in my uniform or... I'm simply missing the job.
I don't deny I love my kids, I can't do without them. But I also love my previous job (oops! previous previous job). Gf Wilma was saying I did complain about missing hubby whenever I had to go on flight before Athena decided to give us a big surprise.. and my conclusion is - not to marry at all! Then I'll probably be one bitchy CSS by now slapping anti-wrinkle cream on my face. Destined to be a spinster working hard to be the superbly bitchy IFSS. Haha!

I'm pressed for time / what I need to do
- Birthday stuffs
- flashcards - alot of flashcards (Sawako, countless topics of flashcards, LM) *gasp*-I'm supposed to do my own flashcards GD style since I've gone through with Athena countless times.. wah piang eh....like that I better commit suicide and die a faster & painless death.
- powerpoints
- Translation of her I Can Read books into Japanese, since I'm on the road in exposing her to Japanese more than other foreign language

- shichida materials


And there are the
non-urgent case :-
her scrapbook
burn photos into disk & developing them.


My day in a flash
I have so many things to do but no time to do. Then what the heck am I blogging now? It took me days to type in this, edit while running other programmes in my laptop. My scanner's working at the same time.
Are there any pills out there to take - so that I can go without sleep, and I'll work through day & night.
Anyone willing to help me 100% take care of Aricia while I quickly sum up what I need to do??

Been sleeping late lately, body's ripping apart. Chicken essence and DOM won't help me. Scared I'll fall sick so have to drink herbal tea.

My daily buzzing around
Morning :
- bring Athena to school
- go gym (some days only). Home by 12-1pm

Afternoon :
- shower Aricia
- quick lunch
- Aricia's "study"
- play & do whatever else I need to do with her
- KZ puts her to nap around 2+ 3pm. I quickly check emails or try to finish off what I did yesterday and the days before. Haven't finished and she's awake!
- 4+pm, leave to pick Athena up

Evening :
- while Athena have her dinner, I either quickly give Aricia another GD & Shichida style flashcards session or feed Aricia. It all depends on what my helper has to do, we work as a team - she's busy I take over.
- shower Athena
- Athena's assessment books & 2 x music lessons, games with her, her flashcards.
- end of day,my throat sore from screaming at her.
- they sleep.. around 11+. What to do? I can't print, everyone esp the younger one will wake up. And I dowan to be seen as doing a illegal business out from printing things - counterfeit notes?? Haha!


Not forgetting too that I can't do anything with her on Wednesdays - YJC. Oh! I bring out her assesment books on that day, so while having dinner waiting for class to start, I do the books with her.
Can't do much on Tuesdays - violin, so I let her play those IQ games. Saturdays - worst still her classes take up half a day, needs to nap how to do anything with her. Sundays - if daddy is in town, we go Punggol Plaza to have breakfast and then grocery shopping. By then she still needs to nap, can't do much and now, gotta do spelling revision with her, music lessons, finish off what I haven't completed over the weekdays.

Aricia
Remembered did mention that Aricia was gentler in utero and said maybe she's gentler than her che-che. Now I must attest that the opposites happened after birth.

Drawing
I thought it was a dragon, but before I made any comment I looked at another girl's drawing to figure out what it it.

No comments: