Saturday, April 28, 2007

Yak & Yak

Too much to yak about, gotta sum it up :-

26th April
- Mom helped me buy some chinese medicine from the medical hall lady. She said there could be phlegm in her throat (based on assumption), causing her discomfort when sucking but still eating well. And she did confirm what I told mom, Aricia probably hasn't drank enough milk that her teeth are not growing yet. Was given a medicine, normally I buy the prepared by her ones at $50+ per bottle. This time round she prepared one which costs $130 and only for a few consumptions. Gasp! But if it really works, I'm prepared to spend the amount of money on her.
- Hubby decided to bring Athena to Ikea after picking her up from school. Read more in her blog. Aricia's not left out, give me some time to post it in. Pls check back

27th April
- Finally got to meet Athena's Chinese Speech & Drama teacher, whom everyone addressed as 小白兔老师 - real name I found out 徐老师. Tried to find out how Athena fared in the class, said for the last 2 lessons she was jumping about in class. At least today's she's more well-behaved. She's smart (oh ya.. like real) but her pronunciation of some chinese words ain't clear. I think I know what she means - sometimes she's got the angmoh accent in it.

- Hubby needed to collect a free gift at AMK Hub, so the whole army went out. Baby was crying coz' she wanted to eat (she just took a little milk before we left the house. Hungry again?). But it's quite difficult to feed in the car, with a driver who can suddenly swerve the car left to right + a baby who moves her arms & face alot. I think end up all the porridge on the carseat. Anyway..... I get blamed again for not packing in baby biscuit for Aricia. If you'd like to know, my hubby's nickname is "赖(Lai)先生", always blaming me when things go wrong. And can't he blamed the helper? She was the one who packed the bag what! Remember I just woke up from my 100years of sleep?!?! Athena upon hearing mei-mei hungry also started crying (trying to get attention) that she's hungry. Too noisy kids - very distracting. I was wrong and thought that he'd drop us much earlier (to get the peace he needs) and make us walk to AMK while he struggles to find his way to the carpark. Worst! He tolerated a little longer and we still got kicked out of the car - and had to walk further. Argh!
He didn't have to tell me, I knew I had to settle down somewhere to get food for Athena while KZ feeds Aricia. Mac's the best choice. But hor..........as I was walking..........argh! my keypouch's in the car. We were all penniless, I quickly called hubby to tell him to bring out my keypouch. He didn't know my money is in there and told me "go and find something for her to eat first" but had to tell him " I have no money now!!"
Quite hilarious that KZ & myself kept laughing "no money, so poor thing.. become beggars." while the ignorant Athena is still screaming "Mummy.... I'm very hungry." People are looking at us thinking :
1) we're sitting in there for free- aircon while feeding baby
2) mother ill-treat daughter by not feeding her
Finally my saviour came and my dear Athena didn't complain. She got her Happy Meal doll and meal. No more hungry, no more penni-less.
Umm......I think next time I must remember to hide some money in my bra.

Walked around AMK Hub. Bought a MP4 player. Yippee! I'm still wondering if it's a hasty choice coz' I'll only use it while gyming but I've been eye-ing on one for a very very long time (since IPod Nano was introduced)
Athena kept asking for her birthday cake coz' she didn't get hers 2 days ago (who asked her to stay at mom's place??) so hubby bought her one from Breadtalk. We celebrated her turning 4yrs 5 mths 2 days late. But oh well...........she was happy. We're one weird family, celebrating birthdays 12X in a year, now x2 cakes.

At NTUC, since Aricia love bread so much hubby decided to buy Hi-Calcium bread for her tea-break, so that she'll get her calcium.
Funny.. hubby never like to read the Nutrition Values of items that he buys, but he did that for Aricia's bread. Compared and took the one with the highest mg.

Photos

Taken on 24th April. See how unglam she looks!
Refused milk but ate bread at Ya-Kun

3 comments:

Karmeleon said...

Don't worry about the teeth. Growth development not due to calcium, lah. Er... unless u want doc to give yr dd hormonal injections just b/c her teeth not out yet.

Lily Ann said...

Huh? So small can give hormonal injection meh? Anyway checked with the PD, she say she's growing well (ahem.. in her small ways)

Karmeleon said...

Hey, I was seriously seriously joking about the hormonal jabs lah!!!!!! B/c how else to get the growth hormones moving? *hehe*

A doctor fren was just telling me how these parents would bring their 1-year-olds to her clinic and ask her why their babies are "bo-geh". Then I shared with her how my youngest drops baby teeth but takes 4 to 5 mths before the new adult tooth comes in. Never saw like that before. The 2 older ones all had adult teeth in either immediately or shortly after.

So the joke was that if anyone were to ask about his "bo-geh-ness", my best reply would be "oh no, do u mean I have to bring him for hormonal jabs to get his adult teeth in?". ROTFLOL! I'm so immune.