Sunday, April 8, 2007

Comments from Ms Chan

When I found out from Ms Chan that her class are still doing patterning for their Maths, I offered to loan them my Patterning sets. I'm the only mother in the school who loan my own stuffs to the school. I loaned Athena's chinese books to her Chinese teacher & this time round the patterning cards.
When she returned the items to me, she said that the cards are very good (that's why it still looks brand new). When I told her that she finished the cards on the day I bought it, she said she is very advance & smart as compared to her peers who are still struggling with it. After learning more from me what else I'm doing with her (testing her on mirror image- she'll point the correct picture to me) and all the tangrams she's been playing - her conclusion is that her cognitive skills is very good for her age.

I don't know, I hope so. I'm going to try to engine-start her right brain.

But I did comment to Ms Chan that even if she's smart, she's so naughty.... and worst still - her handwriting is really horrible!! You should see how she writes her chinese character. I gotta make sure she erases it off so many times and it still doesn't look good. Better still, her school homework for chinese, I gotta dot dot the words for her and she still can't follow the dots. I dunno leh.... my handwriting is neat, how come her handwriting is so horrible?? How to help her? Tell her not to rush through her writing also like that, tell her to grip her pencil tighter also like that. But I must admit that she recognises words fast, even sometimes she can tell me "mummy, I add one more stroke here it becomes XX word."

How to help her in her writing?

No comments: