Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The talking continues...........

ARICIA'S MEALS
I'm trying to find out what other chinese food we can cook for Aricia. I saw this book at Times today but I can't remember the title now. Shit! Memory failing - signs of aging!!

AND SO ARE WE MOVING?? / ATHENA'S CHOICE OF SCHOOL
Asked hubby if he had the intention to move or to live & die in this house. He mentioned he had the intention of moving, infact when Treetops was launched he was tempted to try it. I brought up to his attention only 14 units of 5 room flats and dunno if we're that lucky to get a unit. I'm a pessimistic person.
Anyway, that's not my main purpose in asking him this question. I was wondering if he'd moved to AMK, he said no..(he's more interested in new towns not old towns) and further added that "you think our daughter so stupid meh?? Cannot get good grades to go to a good school meh??"
Since he said that, I will drop the whole idea of volunteering my hours in St Nics and not getting a space. Shall use the hours to spend time with the little one.
Neither did he discourage me from sending our girl to a nearby lousy school, coz' he knows that I stand firm in my "IJ is the choice" and we've been talking about this. He's thinking "ya lah, she want to be a chauffeur to drive from Punggol to Marine Parade for the next 10 years let her be lah! She better don't complain the distance."
But nevertheless, I am thankful for my friend who was so ready to help me out in my PV in St Nics. Thanks Leslie! My friend Wilma who thinks I'm bloody crazy and tried to knock some sense into me. (told you being a mother made me even more crazy!) And of course the frank advice from The Chengs (sorry what's your name?) - I'm so jealous her girl is in St Nics. *argh*

My second choice of place if we intend to move? I would say it's around Katong area. Not only for the convenience next time, but also coz' I'm so used to staying around there. When I was born - was in Pulasan then moved to Frankel (no memories of these 2 places), then it was Telok Kurau, Upper East Coast Rd, Riveria Dr then to the current Tampines place.
Honestly I feel so happy everytime I bring Athena to her violin lesson, as if I'm back home.

BREKKIE
Hubby called in the morning to say he booked a hotel in Sentosa next Thursday. All thanks to my dear daughter. Umm.. make sure she build a sandcastle, she told her daddy she's going to do that.
In that case, she'll have to skip school on Thursday (miss her Computer class) and Friday (miss her Chinese Speech & Drama).

ARICIA
She slept through last night and tonight. Hasn't really fret about in her bed, even when she dropped her pacifier. Argh! As I'm typing this, stupid hubby bring Aricia to our bed - waking her up. Say coz' che-che not here so let her sleep with us. Then later he goes to sleep and she'll cry.. and end up I have to pacify her.
Anyway, I can't say much about later coz' he disturbed her sleep.

ATHENA
After the hoarse voice from scolding her last week after her music lesson.. today she was much much better. She sang beautifully, stood at one position and kept looking at her teacher.
End of her lesson, I surprised her by bringing her to Mcs for her fries. She was so happy. I promised her that I'll do that whenever she performs well. Call that bribery! Well, it's definitely cheaper than her $5 colouring thing last time.

ATHENA & BRAXTON
Can't believe I actually forgot to post this entry earlier.
On Sunday, bumped into Braxton & his family. Was chatting with Josephine (mummy) when we caught sight of Braxton bending towards Athena cheek & attempt to kiss her. Athena was so shy.. then they ran away and started playing in the mall. Then Athena happened to hide behind a pillar, Braxton ran behind. After awhile I peeped and saw him attempting to kiss her again.
Ah yoh!!!
If you'd like to know, mom caught him hugging Athena on the shoulder and Athena was leaning on him. Haha! So cute! But now that he's in different school, she hardly sees him.
Well, he's definitely on her birthday invite list this year.

SLING
The sling is under-utilised. I can't say much about Athena who simply refused to be put inside the sling, moved about; wailed out loud.
Then I thought it'd be really useful to use it on Aricia since she likes to feel closer to people. And nobody knows how to use it except me - helper don't even know how to adjusts it. But I'm not really good myself, many a times I see others can move so comfortably while I'm so awkward in it. When I put Aricia in to sleep, she wants her head out - in the end I can't be handsfree. I tried to let her sit and put her in, but she cries. I dunno.... is it my weird children or is it stupid me?

VIOLIN LESSON
Finally taught them how to move the stick up/down. But her hand's / arms very stiff, can't seem to move properly.

8 comments:

Karmeleon said...

I'm Sam, lah.

Lily Ann said...

Samantha? Pleasure to meet you. BTW, you look a little familiar - are you one of the partners in MIM??

Karmeleon said...

haha, I'm not Samantha, but close, lah. I own MIM. ;-)

Lily Ann said...

Oops! Sorry for the mistake, I kept thinking MIM is co-owned.
Yup! I met you about 4yrs + ago for sure at your office, that's why found you a little familiar when I went into your page.
Nice to have you reading my boring blogs.

Karmeleon said...

whatever, lah. Don't know how I stumbled upon your blog anyway. *haha*!

Lily Ann said...

Just take it that you stumbled into a hole of no return. Haha!

Karmeleon said...

the cute part is - my blog is called "kronicles" (playaround with words, lah) and yours is Chronicles. *hehe*.

Lily Ann said...

Oh yah hor, now that you brought it up.