Saturday, April 14, 2007

Too much of everything I need to say (sorry if topics get jumbled up)

Optimistic Vs Pessimistic
When I commented about the "only 14 units out of 700+ units for 5-room flats." & "you know how many applicants? 2000+. Sure no chance one.. forget it lah! " I received a much optimistic reply from him, "never mind try lor. Don't think it's that bad right?Maybe we can leh..."
Somewhat I feel so ashamed of myself by being so pessimistic about everything in my life.
Somewhat hubby will have control of everything, he's so optimistic that things falls nicely in place; while I'm like a lost ant rushing back to my nest with food on my back.
Sigh.. no wonder he doesn't have much stress and I worry over unduly things.
Last note on this boring topic : - we applied, paid the stupid $10, which I think is a bloody waste of $$, can buy Athena 2 Happy Meals.

Sister's sms to me on 13th morning
My dear kok-eye sister had to 'suan' me. Received an sms from her saying :
" All the flying years taught you nothing? U dun need passport 4 Sentosa lah! Bintan would have been better. That one need passport. Athena did better than you expected" I don't understand that last sentence.
My reply to her :
"No need mah? I thought as long as we are crossing waters we should need. I was still preparing to fill out the immigration card."
Okay, I'm not going to muse over this stupid breakkie thing now. Only thing.... che-che told hubby today"daddy, I want to go New Zealand, I want to take aeroplane." Abit too late right?

Baby's Day Out - 12th (Thu)
Supposed to do Bodycombat today but received pink note from ICA to collect our passports. So (I have the excuse of skipping gym, was getting quite lazy) brought Aricia out to collect her passport, mom craved for tim sum so we adjorned to Suntec. Good thing I can't eat much now, I used to be able to wolf down quite alot.
Walked around a little, interrupted by Aricia's incessantly wanting to be carried whenever she's awake - and she sleeps for less than an hour. Argh! I hate that feeling, it's like I know I want to enjoy myself to shop / window-shop but I can't. My time is spent not satisfying myself, so decided I really can't do anything with that little one around.. and decided to pop by Ben & Jerry's, sit down and chat with mom. The chocolate fudge was smiling at me, I smiled back but decided I shall have sorbets instead. Meant to order only one scoop but dunno why my unconscious mind told the lady - medium size. Bzzee... short circuit in my brain nerves.
Raspberry & mango sorbet Don't feel that guilty at all after eating almost everything. Haha!
Carrefour was in my view, and I had a good mind to walk in and buy my whole box of Opera - yums! But..........targetted weight not reached so gotta be careful.

Day out - 13th (Fri)
Gyming day. Goash! Can't believe I only went gym twice this week and I'm tired from the sufficient rest over the previous long weekend. Jefferson was understanding but he knew he still had to push me. I tried my best, I really did! So much so that I was so hungry and craved for Coffee Club's Chicken pie (had 3 in a span of 2 weeks). It was a choice between going to the one next to Cali Fitness or to go to Takashimaya. In the end, I was too lazy to walk and decided that I should head down to Takashimaya, so that I don't have to walk back. Well.. I'm glad I did that coz' about 15 minutes later it was raining heavily till the time I got back home.
Anyway, I seem to like Chicken pies alot. I used to like Mr Mum's chicken pie but it closed down many years back, anyways... I'm glad that I found a chicken pie that I really liked for now. There's another one I would love to try out : Don - Personal pie at China Square - that is if I'm in that area.
Yummy! Sat down to have my meal without the little one - feels real shiok that I can slowly eat my meal & not gulp down but somewhat guilt sets in... and I blame myself for being a bad mummy by leaving my child at home while she's missing her mummy (I think...haha!)

Google searched recipe, would love to try making it. But I'm so lazy and impatient. Ai yah, I put this to bluff you people that I'm going to do something lah! Maybe next time you see a picture of food in my blog, which claim that I made it - it may not be the truth. Haha!

CHICKEN PIE RECIPE - for 6
Ingredients:
4 chicken breast halves or breast quarters (with bones and skin ON)
water
1 teaspoon table salt
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup chicken broth (from boiled chicken)
mixed with
1 chicken bouillon cube
-- Add water to make 1 cup if necessary.
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Crust:
1 cup all purpose or self rising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder (if using all purpose flour)
1 teaspoon table salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup softened butter

Directions:
Prepare chicken by washing in water mixed with several tablespoons of baking soda. Rinse and drain. Do not bone or remove skin. Boil chicken until very tender in water to cover with 1 tsp. table salt added. Remove chicken from broth (save broth to mix with soups). Remove bones and skin and discard. Cut or tear chicken. Mix soups and broth combined with chicken bouillon cube well. Add black pepper. Combine with cooked chicken and place in baking dish.

Crust: Mix flour, milk, butter, salt and baking powder (if using plain flour) with mixer. Pour mixture over chicken and bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown. Crust will rise.

After the nice tasty meal, went to browse through Childrens' Section. Was tempted to buy books for little one but too many books at home liao. So in the end, browse through my magazines. Bought che-che her Princess magazine since Princess Belle is on the cover + a free Princess Belle paper fan (frankly I kindda like their cute freebies) . I then realised that there's another Princess magazine from Australia that costs $3+ more, it also has Belle on the cover but reckon she wouldn't know how much I spent so got her the cheaper one. Anyway, she's been reading (ah.. flipping through) the local ones for a year + already.

Went to Creative Hands to buy some things to do with Athena (that is if I don't vomit blood). Plan to either bake my long overdue cookies with her or to do some crafts with her. Anyway, after reading Mel's blog, I thought that I could do something else with the chocolate molds I have - make it into plaster and paint. Sorry ah.. Mel I copy you. Then I hope I still can use back my molds - meaning nobody will die when I make chocolates (of course after washing thoroughly) with it. But argh! I bought glycerin soaps and a mold before I pop and I have yet to do that. Better do it asap before it changes colour. Was tempted to do polymer clay with her, looks so nice but aint easy to do. She already has problem drawing what makes you think she'll do something nice? Meanwhile will kiv Tinkle Art Room holiday programs.

Crafts with Athena / Rework her timetable
I want to do crafts with Athena, we used to do some crafts - at least twice per month. But now, I'm so restricted with the minimum time I have with her that crafts is the first to let go (her studies comes first).
Honestly speaking, she doesn't have much activities, (only her violin on Tuesdays, YJC on Wednesdays, stay back late in school on Fridays for her Chinese Speech & Drama and I need to save the evening for her swimming lessons. She has her Eng S & Drama & now Kinderart on Saturdays) but it's the fighting against time I have to do everyday that makes me behind schedule most of the time. So, if I can I will make up her assesments on weekends.

If she wants to do her crafts and painting, I'll have to make some adjustments in her timetable. For the past week, I tried asking her to do some dotted writings while she's having dinner. Then it means that one of us have to quickly feed her so she can multi-task. Wah piang eh.. so cham. Normally on Wednesdays too, I have some time in between before her lesson at 8.15pm. But because it gets too crowded to get into the carpark at 7pm I always go in after I shower her at mom's place. The 2 of us will have dinner outside, run my errands or we simply drop by the bookstores to browse then we go for lessons. Perhaps I can bring one of two of her assesment books out. Umm... shall try that this week and see how.Ha! Strangers will hear me screaming at her in public.

Kinderart
While waiting for Athena today, I decided to enquire about their Art classes. Crestar offers two art classes : Kinderart (4yrs - 4yrs 10 months) and Junior Piccaso Art (5yrs - 7yrs). It is obvious enough that Athena is only qualified to attend the first class, which I must say fortunately falls on either Saturdays 12pm - 1pm or 6pm-7pm. The latter class has not started and students are on waiting list until they garner enough students. But I thought the first schedule will fit us nicely, she'll finish her Speech & Drama class at 11am, one hour lunch break and then go for art class and then we can go back home. She naps and then can continue torturing her.

What happened to my music teacher, Christina Pang?? / Athena's current teacher
And so I heard she got married and resigned. That's what Doreen told me, apparently she's been with Yamaha for a long time too so she was able to tell me that. I even told her that I can recognise some staffs in Marine Parade. The only thing I'm displeased about is the stairs. Crazy man! Gotta walk up 4 storeys high. Almost 15 years ago, that was alright with me since I was young and had PE lessons in school. But 15 years later, I get tired siah. Worst still, after all the aching from the exercises early in the day made it worst. And my poor che-che always have to massage her legs once she steps on 4th floor.
Doreen gave positive feedback about Athena's current music teacher - Peggy. I might let Athena continue under her for her individual lessons.

Overheard
A conversation I overheard a daddy telling his 1yr old son, "Come. Let's go to the prayground." I almost fainted when I heard that. If he thinks his son is going to sambayang, then go ahead.
I don't know leh... but I feel if you want to speak to a child, speak well. Don't pass the bad ball to the child, but then again most people don't even know they pronounce their words wrongly. I try my best to speak well to my children (of course sometimes I do make mistakes) so that they can pick up good pronunciations. And look what happened once my girl goes into a school? She picks up singlish and funny words from her friends!

Initial plan for some fun fun fun..
had to be forgo. All thanks to my unco-operative che-che who had to dilly dally her time during lunch; resulting in us going out for lunch late..........that I can't bring her to the chalet that my ex-colleagues booked.
It will be fun to meet up with them.
But what to do? Notice I've been too courteous with my che-che by thanking her all the time??

Am I really way too advance in teaching her things at home? Or...
the school is simply too slow? Hubby said "pull her out" when he heard again (yesterday) me asking Athena "did you learn this word in school?" "no, at home"
Of course I'm not born to know everything. I merely bought the assesment books meant for K1 and did those with her. But still advance as compared to them! And on top of that, I went ahead to give her lessons on her blends & digraphs. Umm... actually I'm going slow, and since I can't find much time to teach her new things every week, I'm going to make it a fortnightly or monthly thing (going much slower). Whichever way she's still far ahead from her classmates.

No comments: