Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Aricia : Too many new things happening of late

Aricia has been driving us nuts these days. The past week we've seen her doing different things (eg. spitting saliva, she mumbles more words now) but something which I have not mentioned is :- she has also been keeping us awake in the night.

We separated Athena & her coz' che-che has been coughing. Athena has been sleeping in her room while mei-mei sleeps between us on our bed. These days she's been waking up, often losing her pacifier. But I've seen her deliberately popping it out. So dunno if she's trying to get attention or what. Most of the time, she'll cry "ma.. maa...." instead of her "waah..." (again must clarify she's not calling me, though I really wish she is) when she loses her pacifier, then we'll pop it in for her. And she cries almost every half hour or so. When she's not sleeping, she'll be poking her little fingers into my nostrils; touching my face; playing with my lips and kicking daddy. She kept me up - I'm so tired.....

Last night we decided to put the two of them back in the same room, and I kept jumping out of bed. I can't remember how many times. And my little girl was playing by herself in her cot - playing with her rattle; hitting it against the railings; coo-ing away. I couldn't take it, ignored her and continued sleeping. I dunno what happened after that, apparently was too dead tired from not sleeping.. until this morning helper told me she was making alot of noise in the room (that che-che was also woken up by her. PS. che-che is a heavy sleeper. Normally sleeps through loud noises), once she drank her milk at 5+, she fell asleep.

Is it coz' she was hungry that she's been making those ruckus these nights or is it because of her teeth erupting? Coz' I read from somewhere that fussiness & waking at night are one of the signs of teething.

No comments: