Friday, April 27, 2007

Sleepless nights

What they day about siblings being different from one another is really true.

I have a heavy sleeper - Athena and I have a light sleeper - Aricia. Both my babies sleep through the night very early, to the envy of others but now I'm beginning to feel how they really go through when their children wake up in the wee hours. Perhaps I'm in a worse shape than them, coz' I jump out of bed at least 3 times every night (when I'm lucky), if not it's more... Why? She drops her pacifier and cries for it. When I say cry, I don't mean the soft cry it's the loud cry that can wake the whole household kind. Most of the time, it's easy to lull her back to sleep. Just tap her and she sleeps. But sometimes she needs to be carried, whether or not she cries when I put her back is a another thing. Aricia also needs to have someone around her, be it in the daytime or night time. So, sometimes if she don't see anyone.. she wakes up.

Then there are some occasions too when hubby peeps it at 4am to find her playing by herself. But then he'll let her play and prepare milk for her, feeds her and try to make her go back to sleep for the next 3 hrs. Most of the time, she does go back to sleep.

Just like night, at about 3plus she suddenly started crying out loud. How we soothed her didn't help. Mind you, it's scary to see the way she cried - she was literally screaming. Turned on the room light to make sure that she's not screaming coz' dreaming (it happened to Athena a few times before when she was younger) and we tried to wake her up. Or.... a re-enactment of poltergeist. Eeeks!
It took us quite awhile to soothe her. She wanted nobody except me and I had to carry her in a certain position ONLY! Needless to say, everyone woke up except for the Little Miss Piggy, Athena. Finally, about 40 minutes after the drama she fell asleep next to us, and I hugged her to comfort her.

Well, was really tired. Took no chances this morning, after I dropped Athena in school. Brought along a red thread and pluck promegranate leaves from mom's and gave her a bath in it. Dunno what happened but I just needed the reassurance that it's not....ahem.
As for what happened the whole day today. I tell you.... I bathed her at her usual time, she was very sleepy. I carried her to sleep while she was still naked except for diaper. And I promptly fell asleep too! Somehow I woke up (quite short) and hand it over to hubby to take care of her. Skipped lunch and slept from 12 - 4+pm. Never slept so well.........But my day wasted coz' I'm supposed to complete doing the rest of the flashcards for her. Argh! Woke up just in time to shower ( I actually fell asleep without showering. Yucks!) and bring Athena home. Ha!

Now as I'm typing, I'm keeping my ears opened. Hopefully no more episode tonight!

No comments: