Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Last minute work!

30th March 2007

Dear Parents

RE : Easter Day Celebration
For our Easter celebration, we are having a competition for the best decorated Easter egg. Kindly be informed that your child needs to bring a decorated egg with shell to school next Tuesday (3rd April) for the competition. We strongly encourage parents to decorate the egg with your child. This activity will strengthen parent-child relationship. You may use any materials that can be pasted or painted on the egg shell. Have fun decorating and wishing you a blessed Easter Day!

*********************************************************************************
I realised last night (as I brought Athena home from school) that there was a message for all parents on Friday. I freaked out coz' it means that tomorrow I had to bring the decorated egg. And...............we didn't have much time to do it.
She wanted white on her egg, so she painted it. Then when it comes to painting on the white egg, she had to paint of herself. Whatever had happened to the "strengthen parent-child relationship?" It kindda strengthened my frustration over her slipshod job.. and not to mention a "didn't look like a girl drawing" I also had to nag at her for spilling the water while trying to transfer some water into the paint palette, and when she try to "stir" her paintbrush in the cup she splatter the water on the table. In all, I was quite frustrated (which explains why sometimes I really want to do crafts with her, but dread it)
In the end, it was a "let mummy do it" scenerio and I had to change the base colour of the egg. Yucks! Did a horrible way of decorating, I wanted to have two colours but I've run short of red.
When I brought it to school today, Ms Li was saying "wah.. so pretty" Huh? This one call pretty? It's an eyesore to me!!
She's just being polite & tactful. But I'd rather she not mention anything about this at all.


No comments: