Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Reading & blah blah

Last night I picked up one book from Vol. 3 of I Can Read for Athena to read.

I walked out of the room to get her bottle and then I heard some mumbling. Came back she was reading the book! She was reading all the words correctly! Did her English reading too, didn't know how to read a few words but it's not bad for her age I must admit. Athena's better in her Chinese, to think that I was worried she'd follow her hopeless mother's footsteps and bought her Chinese books. Got overtly worried over nothing!

Honestly speaking, I haven't been that hardworking as before with her GD flashcards nowadays coz' I have more things to do with her. Hubby was very negative over GD, saying that it won't help. And.... years down the road, I must admit that it did help her. I started GD on her when she was barely a year old, she could point out words to me. Then as she got older, she was more playful and I had to do it in a playful manner with her. Then again, sometimes I get hot tempered and scream at her. Oops! I hope I fair better in Shichida. If I'm so worked up, I don't think I can do ESP with Aricia. Anyway... somehow the hard work pays off! Was the $2K + on the sets worth it? Definitely! Now that I can let Aricia use it.

Speaking of which, I've started Aricia on the flashcards since. I got the headstart now since I'm more prepared . And results? She looks at the correct answer longer.
I came with this conclusion after I kept switching sides thinking that she might have a preference way to turn her head (turn one side more than the other) or she's left-handed, right-handed when I asked her to pick up the correct cards for me. What I did next was to place it on the floor and ask her to show me the correct answer, she playfully hits both palms down on the floor one palm on each card and laughs. Got fed up asked her to pick the cards, out of 3 times, once was wrong. But when she did, she put the card into her mouth. So, the only way I could do was to ask her to look at the answer. She looked at all the correct answer firsts, then turn to the wrong answer then turn back again to look at the correct answer longer. Only twice she turned to look at the wrong answer, then she turned to look at the correct answer and stayed there then looked up to me smiling.
Oh my! Is it working on her? I hope so leh.....

Mom says Aricia will be smarter than her che-che. Helper says so too coz' of the "3 finger space forehead". I hope so... so now can only make it up by guiding Athena in the Shichida method. Hopefully I'm doing correct.

No comments: