Tuesday, April 10, 2007

And this woman is still talking.....

I realised probably have too many entries today, so gotta sum it up all in one entry now.

ARICIA'S MEALS
Been trying out western styles for her which is very easy - steam, mashed & eat. She did enjoy the potatoes. Then tried out pumpkin. Now, trying to find out what else I can cook for her. Maybe time being while out of idea, let her eat her brown rice.
Her breakfast is served at 7+am every morning. She seems to enjoy the Frisocream, which I tried and squinted my eyes. So sweet! To think that I've only added water and not her milk! Lunch and dinner is freshly prepared home cooked food. The angmohs believed in freezing up the purees and then take it out to reheat when you need it. No, I didn't do that coz' our old folks tell us "gives air - bloatedness" Anyway, since we're at home it'll be better to serve fresh cooked meals.
When we were outside over the weekends, I tried giving her the sample packets of Nestle Brown Rice etc... sweet leh! Ai yoh! But no choice, we didn't have time to cook it at home and no way I can bring out a hot food to feed her hours later (which by then turns cold). Apart from her meals, she likes to eat bits and pieces of our adult food. I am happy that she's greedy, she wants I give!

ATHENA'S CHOICE OF SCHOOL
April already. If I want to volunteer, I had better get my action ready. How?
My first choice is St Nics but I'm so bloody afraid we can't get her in at Phase 2B, then if I go back to my primary school - sure kena f one.. "why you never apply your daughter in Phase 2A2?" I don't mind the primary school, but I don't like the secondary school - standard dropped. And I'm so afraid that my girl will not get good grades to qualify for a good school.
To play safe I told hubby put her back in my school which is so bloody far away. But yet on the other hand, I want her to be in St Nics. Argh!
Actually, my mom's neighbour spoke to me (her daughter's in RGPS) and wanted to help me by asking around. But I'm so afraid that it'll not guarantee a space there. But then I heard that it's not affiliated to RGS, so I kindda dropped the whole idea.

Am I crazy? Parents think I am, hubby got nothing to say coz' he's not the one doing the volunteer work. And to him, any school is okay coz' he came out from a dunno what school and is doing alright.
Would you send your child to a good school or would you send him to the nearest school?

I only need to get through this headache phase now.. and things will fall in place for Aricia.

ARICIA PHOTOS
These were taken on Sunday, which is (definitely) posted late.
Everytime, I tell her "Aricia look here...1, 2........" At the count of 3 she always had her left leg up. Dunno what she's doing, but she's so funny.
Yesterday, she was doing push ups with her buttocks. Funny sight!


HOLIDAY DESTINATION
So where? You must be curious to know hor?
Hubby needed to clear only a few days so he suggested somewhere near. It was between Chiangmai (cooler weather) & Pattaya and HK. So, undecided he had to turn and ask my dear che-che (which I'm going to strangle her later) "Daddy wants to bring you for a holiday, where do you want to go?" She answers " I want to go.............................
>
>
> nope! Not Bintan but somewhere better still
>
>
>
>
>
>Sentosa!
See lah! Make passport also no use. LOL :)
Umm... looks like hubby said okay. Kena sai! It's not a holiday ok??? Next time any one of you see me in the streets, don't come and ask me "How's your holiday?" I take it as a brekkie.
Consolation, hubby said he'll be travelling to HK this year, so maybe we can go together. Yippee! I'm looking forward to my 'yu-dan', wanton mee & desserts.
Now I'm going to psycho my che-che, "you better tell daddy you want to go huh?"
I'm dying to go further away, need my shopping.. but 2 kids leh!
Come to think of it, I think I know where she came out with Sentosa as her answer. Everytime we pass by EC along ECP, going for her violin lesson. She'd ask me "mummy, how come you never bring me to the beach?" So I told her to ask her daddy to bring her there. And she's lament about "I never go before.." until I reminded her "yeh.. you did. We went to Sentosa remember??"

6 comments:

Karmeleon said...

Regarding St Nicks. Very simple. Do you stay within 1 to 2 km of the school?

If yes, then go ahead and do PV work.

If not, don't bother, chances for beyond 2km too slim. These days, bc of reduced class sizes, there's chances of balloting even for those staying 1 to 2km for Phase 2B, as this is the same phase for Catholics & Grassroots leaders.

During popular years like last year's "Dragon Babies" year, ballotin in phase 2B was within 1km.

But yes, affiliation is so wonderful.

Lily Ann said...

No! In Punggol, asked hubby if he intends to move.. say yes. Guess where? Treetops (if we get it) - Punggol again!
Vy headache. Now I think don't stress myself up. Just put her back in my primary and then make sure she score well to go into St Nics Sec. or a school better than KC.

Karmeleon said...

Ah...then no chance for more than 2km. No point for you to do PV. Waste your time.

Too bad all the IJ schools are not affiliated like previously.

Our dd was in SNGS pri and now in SNGS sec. She's happy to just stay on in the sch.

Lily Ann said...

Yes, I believe so. All SNGS girls are proud to be the family.
Now, gotta pray hard my dd will study hard and get into SNGS Sec

Karmeleon said...

Why you don't pray hard that your dd get in Nanyang Girls or RGS, ah?

Ask her to do Gymnastics or Drama and Excel in it, then apply under Direct Sch admission in Pri 6, lor!

Lily Ann said...

I'm still into IJ schools (must teach my girl how to hide her wallet in her pinafore - haha!).Amongst all the IJs, St Nics the best! Of course RGS is better, not keen in Nanyang.
If her PSLE results is good enough to go into RGS, why not?
Ai yoh...my girl so playful dunno can or not.