Saturday, November 18, 2006

Viva Singaporeans at Vivo City

A family outing to Vivo City (finally!) was a tiring event for us. I don't know if it was because we were already tired before the trip or was it the throngs of people there that made us felt weary.

We took a train down - sounds more logical to travel from one end (Punggol) to the other - and Athena was nevertheless happy that she gets on the 'cannot see anything outside' train. (She's always asking me to bring her "take train, take bus or take taxi").It was Aricia's first train ride so I wanted to take photos of her. But the turnout was quite disappointed.

The station was quite crowded, like what you see in Orchard Station. In the rush trying to get ourselves out, we thought we had tapped Athena's card but we didn't. She almost couldn't come home with us *clap hands*. We thought the whole of Singapore was there - it was really so crowded! I wonder when the 'excitement' will cool down. Hubby lamented, "It's a good time to go Suntec now, sure got place to park."
But I must admit the shops there were a mixture of the common ones we see and some uppy ones. Though tempted but nope! - We couldn't shop at all, not with a small baby and a kingkong baby.
I was really happy when I saw Boost Juice Bar, I missed the Wheatgrass Shooter and have been wanting to drink again (no chance - never fly to Australia)
I first tried it in Melbourne and although it does taste like grass, I was not at all put off by the smell and Aunty Pat was telling me "quick eat the orange, quick quick." While I was drinking it slowly and tasting it. I told hubby he simply had to try it, he frowned just like the people I know did when I told them "that's the real thing! They add sugar for canned or bottled wheatgrass so it's not really beneficial to you, and it really doesn't taste like wheatgrass, more like chin chow."
Anyway, after telling hubby he should try a sip at least - he did but didn't like it. I savoured every drip and let it flow down my throat slowly. Yummy! At least I'll have something to look forward to next time I'm there. Or hope for more to be opened in Singapore, or perhaps to plant on my own??

I was glad I brought the camera along, for there were many things to take pictures of. As you can see from here :
Penguins in Singapore?
Big enough for a giant



Not forgetting my vain girl who posed these for me. Haha! Makes a good model??



Before we left the mall, we stopped by at Food Republic for dinner.

No comments: