Sunday, November 26, 2006

Birthday

Her Royal Highness, Athena

First to arrive was Angeline, Aaron and Alexandra as they had to leave early for another 2 more parties. Alexandra & Athena were very shy with one another, whatever had happened to the 'holding hands and playing together' months before? It didn't take them long to warm up, soon they were blowing bubbles. I like these pictures.

Nah! You take mine, I take yours
At the count of 3, we blow okay?
1........ 2 ........3

The guests slowly streamed in after awhile and I haven't even had a bite or drink yet! When we had that many guests, I realised that it was such a small chalet. So it was a bad idea to have a party here - and it was not a massive one coz' it was mainly a party for kids. I can't imagined how packed it would be if more were invited.
Managed to have short chats with a few but I guess some were left out. My apologies if I was not able to chat with you longer or never even chat with you. But I'm thankful for my family's help. Everyone helped me to entertain guests, so even if I was not able to chat with them they did help me out. This is the good thing about my mad family, whoever organises something' the others will help out all the way. Brother was the videographer; sister the photographer so I didn't have to be crazily running about.


** Since it was a children's party, I needed to keep the children occupied right? To keep to the Princess theme, initially I wanted to buy those plain paper crown or foam crown (quite costly) and let the children decorate their own crown. But I couldn't find it except for those really nice ones. So I left the crown as it is. Then second alternative was to decorate own wand for girls / sword for boys. Couldn't find any wand or sword. The last alternative was to do the tedious job of cutting various coloured papers into crown shapes, cut the magnet strips I have and paste it behind, buy some glitter pens; colour pens and all childrens' favourites - stickers. Then I'll leave it to their imagination on how and what they are going to do with it. I also cut shapes of rectangles and hearts of various colours to stick on the crown or to use it on its own.
The kids did their own crafts - with my helper KZ taking care of them.

(In the pipeline too was games. Some things were done; small little pressies were purchased but because of my "cannot sleep in day-time [take care of Aricia], cannot sleep in night-time [rush to do some things when children are sleeping]" for 5 consecutive days I was dead tired to complete the whole thing. In the end, no games. Sigh......) Heck lah! Nobody knows it except for those who are reading this now. But I'm excused right? Pity this second-time mummy lah!**

During the party, I noticed she played alot with her schoolfriends-Javier; Jachelle and Wei Teng ignoring the others. (Wei Zhe could not make for the party. Braxton and Melia couldn't make it in time. Pity! Otherwise it would have been more fun for her.)
Seen here running and playing with her friends
Dunno what she was doing here. But mom did say a few kids were in the room upstairs jumping on the bed. Actually I don't mind them doing that, as long as they don't injure themselves. Just let the kids enjoy themselves lor.......anyway how often do I close one eye to such things??

I almost forgot about her favors or goodies bag. She followed me to give out to her little friends during the party.
Princess Athena giving out favors 1
Princess Athena giving out favors 2

The party was to be from 1pm - 4pm, leaving the pinata and birthday cake to the last but many of the children had to leave, so I had to bring forward both. In the process, Jasmine and her 3 kids missed on it. I felt bad about it especially when she's a good friend of mine.
Pinata : In total 8 kids missed on it either by last minute not attending the party, left early. So the goodies were alot to the other 12 kids. And they could take their own sweet time to pick up the goodies. Athena picked up alot of sweets and stickers. Phew! Better this time round, she was utterly disappointed for picking up only 5 sweets at Alexandra's birthday party. But I found out later from Cynthia that I had put in too much sweets; it should have been lesser - no wonder the string broke! Haha! It's better to have more than lesser right? I did't want any kids to feel sad.
Click here for Pinata 1
Click here for Pinata 2
Click here for Pinata 3
Click here for Pinata 4

Cake cutting was next. After that some kids left the party for their other programs.
Birthday song
Javier helped to blow out the candles. It was so funny, but fortunately Athena didn't tear at all. The kids were excited waiting for their cakes.
Kids 1

Kids 2

The party somehow ended a little earlier with some of them still hanging around in the chalet. Showers of blessings came while some of them were leaving.
Thank goodness we gave Athena some food before the party start, coz' she was playing around having fun. But when she got so tired, she came looking for this. She missed her naptime and is overtly tired (but how often does she get to celebrate her birthday right?) I'm sure all the other kids would have slept immediately in the car. Or the huge amount of sweets could have made them hyperactive.

Wilma & Michael came late (well, they did inform they would be late). Michael chatted with dad, while Wilma played with Athena blowing bubbles and eating sweets from the favors bag. Lawyer Wilma had to pose a question to a small girl "why the bubble burst?"
Caught on video
Athena caught running away with some balloons.

After they left, we went to Wild Wild Wet as it would be closed to public the next day. We spent time in the Children's playarea, the relaxing round the park thingy, and Tsunami. Hubby wanted to go on the adults rides but I'm not keen.Gotta consider whether the impact will cause injury to my stitches.

Little Princess Aricia was not left out either, some kind friends gave her pressies too. Thanks alot for your generousity!
Little Princess Aricia - the true princess!!
Meaning of Aricia :Royal blood princess of Athens

And my apologies for some friends who were not invited at all, as this is mainly a kids party.


THINGS FOR IMPROVEMENT :
1) Should have timing all planned out and given to all guests. So that they will know what they will miss (if they leave early or come late) and I won't feel so guilty. Sorry Jasmine!
2) Print out map. I didn't think of this but almost everyone had problems finding the place.
3) Forgot about the colonies of mosquitoes breeding there. Should have bought those sticker patch for those little kids. The mosquitoes on that day were probably fed well. Sorry parents!

Feedback from mom :
1)I should have given the glitter crowns to all the kids another time and wear it for them.
My reply : I wanted to, that's why got the crown for the theme. But on that day I think I have no time. Then if I try to put on for a fretty or shy child, he/she may end up crying.
2) The craft table is too high
My reply : The table I wanted is too small. Anyway the children are tall & at around the comfortable height
3) No chairs at craft table, the children had to stand
My reply : They are young, let the old ones (their parents) sit down. And it's going to take up space
4) Should pull out table to have children standing all 4 sides.
My reply : I did that. But then I saw the knob to the connecting door. And worry that children might, in their excitement, walk and unknowingly knock into it. The last thing I want to have, is a child getting injured at our party. Decided, better to be safe and pushed back table.

The photos can be viewed here





No comments: