Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hubby's older today!

Athena & myself woke up feeling rather excited today coz' it's "daddy's birthday." Athena presented the card that we made together a few days ago. Quite a hastily job done on the card but heck! it's the thoughts that count - although I'm still figuring how she wrote her name all over the card (no sense of spacial awareness) I had intended to celebrate his birthday with him today but the night before he told me about a dinner (6pm) at his colleague's place. Then I said "how about lunch?" But with a dinner, it does sound rediculous to have a hearty lunch. Also, we didn't have much time coz' the kids needed their nap. On our way to Karen's home, we stopped by Samsung to get the warranty card stamped. Okay, I finally get to meet Titus's new colleagues since he changed job a few months ago. Nice people, we talked alot (yah... maybe it's coz' I'm too chatty). Yes! Titus didn't have to worry about me dying in one corner whenever he brings me for any gathering with his colleagues.. I always go up to introduce myself to them and chat to them like friends. Mainly this gathering is for their boss, Mary, who's going back to Princeton, New Jersey this Friday [*Richard, if you're reading this...Titus's HQ is in Princeton. Pray hard he brings me there when he's due for next trip*] and for his birthday. Really sweet of them..............
Eyes was on the youngest in the party - Aricia - too! The ladies took turns to carry Aricia, giving me time to rest. Nothing happened until Karen carried her, apparently Aricia started to stick out her tongue. I told her it's the nan-nan smell. She felt apologetic for making Aricia cry after that. And I believe it's going to be the joke in the office on Monday.
His birthday cake from Prima Deli
Family photo
See lah! Titus suddenly fathered so many children!!
See his wide smile - overwhelmed by the number of children he had. They were standing around the table, but strangely none of them fought to blew out the candle.
Athena helping to blow out candle. And she took the chocolate too!(chao kuan)
Enjoying her cake
I dunno why........... but I do enjoy watching Athena's eye sparkle whenever she sees a cake. And she'll take her piece and sit down somewhere to enjoy it.
She'll be getting her own birthday cakes soon too!

Back to the room to play
It took her a while to warm up. Initially when she stepped into Karen's house, she clinged onto Titus.
Stencil-ing
We left at 9plus, after Aricia cried (again & again) and there's no way to calm her down.

Thanks to the invitation, we sure look forward to the next gathering. And congratulations to Charlene who's getting married on Tuesday!

No comments: