Sunday, November 26, 2006

Stay in chalet - Costa Sands (Pasir Ris)

24th November (Friday)
Hubby took leave from work, and we all proceeded to the chalet in mid afternoon. It has been 10years since I last stayed in a chalet.
Ironically, it was to celebrate my 21st birthday party. And 10 years later (no prize for guessing my age) I celebrated my girl's turning 4. And both times too hubby (then boyfriend) was with me!

They didn't allow us to check-in early, even though I tried to ask them if they could help. The only thing they could help was to give me another unit - L01 instead of our R02. The suggested new unit faces the swimming pool and our guests would be able to see us while making their way to our unit. In the end, I thought it'll be difficult to inform our guests about the last minute changes. And if I could accept the changes so readily, I wouldn't have taken the trouble to email them in August to let me know my allocation 2-3 weeks before, instead of their 1 week before notification by sms (turned out they only let me know 2days before - what efficiency?!).
We went for to Central for lunch, and it then poured while we were walking back to the car.

Checked in (finally!) at 2.35pm. I recee the place to have an idea on how to decorate the place up. Then unpacked our personal belongings in the room upstairs. I was in for a shock. There were so many mosquitoes!!

In the process of bringing the pinata to chalet, some stuffs came off. Good thing I packed in super glue and silicone for emergencies.

We brought Athena out to cycle. I can't cycle for nuts so hubby cycled with Athena sitting behind while KZ and myself walked behind with Aricia in stroller. I was filming with one hand and using another to flick a towel chasing away mosquitoes. And then we asked KZ if she wanted to cycle, she was a little shy and declined - but insisted she cycle coz' she won't have much opportunity to do all these in the months to come.
She was such a professional in getting onto the bicycle and she cycled a few times. Athena was naturally happy being chauffered around.

Fooling around while waiting for daddy
Cycling

Mom and bro came by to help put up the decorations. But we only got to start work after our dinner. Skinny dad came with his lungs filled, he and KZ helped to blow the balloons. But dad gave up halfway and was drinking his - Athena says "got alot of stars beer".. But Mr Engineer was of good use too! Don't say he has no credit. He managed to put the things back for me by dunno what drill holes here and there. Yup! Dad has this talent with his hand. He even thought of using the PVC pipe to put the balloons for children to help themselves. And you know his car has everything you can think of. Even at last minute I asked if he had double plug, he came with an extension plug. Haha!

Thanks to them, we were all tired but they stayed till midnight to help me out.
The 2 children were sent to bed, but Athena kept coming downstairs. She must be feeling excited. The dark rings were very obvious.

I couldn't get to sleep either. First, I had to pump then I started thinking about how things will run tomorrow. Second, the bloody mosquitoes kept coming at me (the coil and candle didn't help)

25th November (Saturday) - It's Athena's birthday
Turned over to give my little darling a kiss. It's her big day today.

The balloons are all up today, pasted Athena's Princess photographs on the door. Just nice, she wanted Princess theme so I could use the photos.
The 2 of them went for a dip in the water while I was busy.. Darn! I wanted to join them but I needed to get things done.

The tables were set up around 10 plus

Time is now 11plus close to 12pm. Getting Athena ready for the party, was doing some touch-ups. And then ................I gasp! THE BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!! How can we have a party without a cake. Hubby immediately left to pick up the cake from White Sands.

He came back just in time. Took my shower but kindda perspired again. Sprayed more perfume to hide the smell. Hee! Then we got ready....


For more details on the happenings on her birthday, read the next post entry.

We had wanted to go Wild Wild Wet (complimentary tickets) the next day. But call it lucky or not, it is closed to public due to Cisco Family Day. Instead we went at 5pm, have to make full use of the 2 hours there.

Hubby said "go back home to sleep.. can't sleep. Stupid place; toilet downstairs so inconvenient. And the stupid mosquitoes." We left at 9 plus bringing home some things first. Athena was crying when we left, she wanted to sleep in "the new house" and cried when she noticed me bringing down the pictures of her outside but not the other decorations. Then she cried to bring home her Princess balloon; cried again when I didn't bring down the other Disney Princess pictures screaming "afterwards no more. People take my pictures, how??" Then she cried again when we left the balloons outside. Ai yoh.........

When I got back home, I was showering Athena when I saw the birthday presents the mosquitoes gave her. Thank goodness the little one didn't have any pressie. Only Athena and myself were bitten loads.

Slept well.

26th November ( Sunday ) - Check out day
Went back to pack the rests of the stuffs. Athena helped a little by tearing down the wordings on the wall then she was tired. I was happily bursting all the balloons. Pop!Pop!Pop! Asked the birthday girl if she wanted to do it but she didn't.
Packed the stuffs into the car and we went for a swim.

On our way for lunch at McDonalds, seeing the cramp-ness yesterday, mom casually mentioned "Next time celebrate her 21st birthday in hotel." Hubby said "no need.. she wants to get married at 10 yrs-old what!" Athena knew we were teasing her, laughed along with us.

After lunch, I quickly unpacked the things at home. Saw some crafts left behind by some children, asked KZ who did it. She was in-charge of that section, and I must say she did well.So, friends I might be sending them back to your kids.

Feelings : Extremely tired!

Athena opened her pressies today. Look at her pressies! Hubby commented "so many toys. Have party end up we have lots of toys, how to have party next time?

Well................it's tiring organising things for a party.
I'm wondering if I should do it again next year for Athena. But it wouldn't be fair to her if I had Aricia's 1st birthday party and not hers right? By then I'll peng-sang coz' their birthdays fall quite close to one another.
And I'm still thinking if I should have a Christmas gathering...


No comments: