Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Surprise surprise

I've always dreaded to make calls to call centres all my life! Sometimes I get directed to the stupid autobot, sometimes it's the wait. I'm impatient!    

When I received another email that my domestic flight has been pushed back again (twice) I knew that I had to make a phonecall to our infamous Singapore Airlines contact centre (infamous for customers holding on the line for hours I heard) my heart skipped a beat. Sigh.......

My domestic flight was re-timed to few minutes later just two months after booking. This is common especially if there's a change in the Summer and Winter flight schedules. But it was recently (Jan 2024 email) revised to 3 hours later. I checked on the domestic airline website and noted that there isn't any 0600++ hrs flight anymore, not even in Feb and March. Cancelled that flight? I would have spent 15hrs in the airport!!! Siao ah! Lounge access not 24hrs. I'll basically be the female version of Tom Hanks in The Terminal. 

It was either making a trip down to ION or to make that call. Either way I need to wait. 

Took up the courage to pick the phone up and made a call. Surprise surprise, I was connected to a customer service staff in less than 3 mins and 22mins later a new and earlier domestic flight was confirmed.  

No comments: