Thursday, February 1, 2024

On This Day - (1st Feb) #Reminders from FB#

1st Feb 2023

Was testing lil' one's new account, so I made a transfer.

Me : ok I'll transfer $10 to you

She: I thought there's a minimum amount?

Me: but $10 is my maximum transfer amount 😬

She: Ok, I try to paynow you $1.

She: Can. so now pay me back $1

Me: No!

Evil mother at her best job




1st Feb 2023


This new term she'll have access to one car for most days coz both girls' timing clash. She gets more practice, throw in one AirTag in the car to check her location (tho she often update me when she's leaving house n reach uni and vv), more fervent praying at home to keep her safe whilst she's on the road - all parents worry.



1st Feb 2022


31st Jan - Ji gao meh หมูกระทะ 团圆饭

Thankfully this year don't have to prepare reunion dinner, don't hv to prepare 2nd day when fam comes over. It's a huge load off me. Really! l only had 17 days after returning 🏡 , had to spring clean house. Though I never really spring clean house specifically before every CNY coz I'm always cleaning up on a daily or heavy chores on alternate week basis. To cram the 5wks heavy chores was really tiring within 2wks + own "drycleaning" of winter wear was crazy.




1st Feb 2022









1st Feb 2022


我坐在后面…


跷脚咯!


maintaining at 60km/h.

Bro Pauline Patrick Teo, we'll be there in probably half an hour or more time 😂. It's ok, there's always the first time.


Footnote written in 2023 : 


This new term she'll have access to one car for most days coz both girls' timing clash. She gets more practice, throw in one AirTag in the car to check her location (tho she often update me when she's leaving house n reach uni and vv), more fervent praying at home to keep her safe whilst she's on the road - all parents worry.



1st Feb 2016

Ranting more on the domestic house-cleaning issues. Never, never, ever buy an Ikea sofa before you know how they cover the sofa.

Since moving in for 8mths, I've washed the cushions 4 times already. Last week was the 5th time.

Everytime, I want to yank the rest of the cover out to wash I see already ..so sian. But for this spring-cleaning I had to yank it out no matter what right? All the while I thought it would be that one piece cover.

Imagine my horror when I realized its 3 pieces!! The two arms and the main piece. No man in the house, I gotta do every bloody thing by myself. Had to flip the sofa over just to loosen the sides with spanner so that I can get them out. And my living area looked like it was broken into, 2 cushions on the coffee table, 2 on the sofa which was still tipped. No way am I going to flip the sofa to proper position when I gotta flip twice just to unscrew/screw. Mind you, the sofa is heavy.

Enough of ranting, rest time over. No gotta continue housework.




1st Feb 2016

*Not earning any commission from this*


Do you ever see what's on your bed? Most of us (l believe) would simply just change the bedsheets without dusting the mattress. Old method would be to sun the mattress n pillows. I could only sun pillows since I started becoming an ah-soh 13years ago.

Yes, some recommend steaming n some says they do vacumn.

I chance upon this miracle appliance called the bed vacumn when I was in Shanghai (got free time to go window shopping there but not in SIN) and I decided I should get one when I'm back. And so I did.

I started with the two girls beds, the dust accumulated wasn't that much considering that they only slept on their beds for 7-8mths. And then today, it's time to do mine. Wow! Don't want to disgust you but our bed is at least 2years old??

I psychologically feel the bed is clean. 😃





1st Feb 2014

早上女儿跟我们拜年。两个女儿不习惯所以吞吞吐吐…不知该讲什么。

小女儿一点精灵喵了墙壁的decos。姐姐抄妹妹所要讲。

到了妹妹我给她一个挑战—不能说一样的话。她呆了😰 一下,第一个祝福..“祝妈妈漂亮。”哈哈 😄 好笑哦。

太天真可爱



1st Feb 2013


CNY in 10 days time.

My checklist:

  1. spring-cleaning : left with 1 last job
  2. CNY baking : not done. Argh!! Think will just 4get abt it.
  3. CNY decos : vy minimum. Dun ever wanna put up anymore coz' I'll be the one taking them down too.
  4. change new notes : not done
  5. buy red packets: argh! No time to go shopping.

When I finally hv that 1hr + to myself without going thru work with either girl, I just wanna nuah in one corner in Macs ... And update their educational blog.

Don't talk to be abt shopping in the mornings, I gotta clean the house n cook on certain days for the girls b4 picking them up.

6) CNY new clothes/shoes etc..: haha! Hv time meh?

I'll just take the clothes we bought maybe 2-3mths back n still with tag on.

7) sending CNY cards: maybe this yr I'll give it a miss!!

Haiz!这是没有女佣的后果。



1st Feb 2013

* tagged in N’s photo






1st Feb 2012

* gasp* saw the funny drawing on the board when I wanted to use it. End up I'm doodling on it too!

ARICIA! DO YOUR WORK!!!!






1st Feb 2011

I really hope this is true. Aricia finally went beyond 11kg?




No comments: