Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Piano tuning

Called Anthony to come by and tune my piano after 5 years. Yes you read it correctly, it’s been that long. 17th May 2019 was the last tuning then covid hit when he reminded me on the tuning job. With hubby working from home, plus lil’ one’s upper secondary years where tuitions were laid almost back to back every day after school, then there are days when I forgot about it, these are the reasons why it’s been delayed for so long. 


Piano looks tidy without the music books 😂


Initially I thought the rod was spoilt so asked him to help me change a new one so he came with a new one. But then he said it’s working fine, the painters didn’t push the plug in fully 🤣. 
Since he already purchased the rod, then let him install another one for me. Otherwise what can he do with the rod now since he told me his jobs are getting lesser and lesser now.
The positive outlook is that I don’t have to check the dehumidifier beads every month but maybe every 1 1/2mths. Yup! Call me kiasu, I put that in my piano too




Why lesser jobs?
He explained that Yamaha hired younger piano tuners so now when anyone purchase a new piano, they will assign the young people. Basically people like him have to base on old customers now to tune piano. Sad huh? 
I got to know him when I bought the first piano from Yamaha. When I bought this silent exam piano from Asia Piano (a reputable secondhand piano dealer), I asked him to tune my piano after the free tuning from the company is up. 

After tuning 
Asked him how badly untuned the piano is. He said it’s not bad, only the extreme ends needs tuning.  Huh? When we play, we often use the middle part what? And it’s fine. 反而是那个没用的跑音. 


No comments: