Friday, August 15, 2008

She's got my scaredy cat genes

Athena's tooth is shaking and she still refuses to extract it.

Hubby and KZ offered to do it if she's afraid of the dentist, and still she scream and cried. I asked her to open her mouth to see how shaky it is, it's ...... I can even pull it out (if I want to ahem.... if I dare to). I mean she trusted me so much to open her mouth for me but when hubby asked her to open her mouth to see, she closed her mouth tightly.
I assured her that I'll carry her while daddy pull out for her, she refused. So she shouldn't be afraid, in actual fact I'm scared too! Think when and if I'm the one who's really hugging her, I'll be closing my eyes.

Hubby said "scared for what? Last time Daddy pulled my own teeth", I had to convince her "ya lor..you see your mummy dare not pull out so my teeth are so ugly...." I couldn't complete my sentence coz' I was biting on my own tongue, I'm a hypocrite. I'm like trying to encourage someone to jump into the ocean when I dare not do it myself.

Shucks! I'm scared like shit now. My bottom wisdom tooth is cutting into my gum and painful but okay, my excuse is I need to find a time. (Can't do it this weekend coz' I have a class to go on Sunday, what if I fall sick??) Truth is, my daughter's scaredy behaviour is freaking me out even more.
Useless mother!!

No comments: