Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Heart sank

As I had mentioned earlier, this is the post about how I felt when J told me those words -" my mummy never bake with me". I never told S about it, should I say it? Or perhaps it was just a sentence with no hidden meaning but I deciphered it too much?

Maybe take a time to think as you read this, you know childrens' words are frank and they never lie. Ask them if you're fat, they'd say yes without knowing that it'll hurt your feelings. So, does it go to show that a child sincerely enjoys all these? I'm not trying to say I've got the most exciting programs lined up for my children, my recipes are not that fantastically tasting. But......
Children love simple things; children yearn for the small little attention they get, they love to cuddle up with their parents. And how often we, as parents, forget that and think that monetary helps.

My heart sank when I realised that J liked this. J is from a good family background, she's not those "ignored' child at all. She does get the attention from everyone coz' her mummy says "she's the Princess in the house." But her mummy is like any working mummies out there busy making $$, I can't blame her if she can't take up time to bake with J. Perhaps they do other things together, I don't know. And I'm sure she does get attention from her family in other ways.

And I got a little more emo when I think about how fortunate my child - Athena (at this moment coz' I can do alot of things with her) is. I have friends & helper who says I've done alot with my children and giving to them, I'm practically living my life for the children. I agree with what they say, I believe in building a firm foundation so that it will not topple over in years to come whether they are with me or they are a lone building. Well, at least I've done my part as a mother and I won't be afraid when I face God who tells me I'm an irresponsible mother etc...
My heart was cut into 2 or grinded like crumbs when I find my child don't even appreciate what I've done for her. And she still don't listen to me, what made me even more frustrated is the fact that sometimes she does snap back at me rudely. Now, isn't that heart wrenching? I've given more than I could give and this is what I get?

I think I might be deviating what I intended to write, there are some things which is so hard to express out.

4 comments:

Shannon's Mummy said...

*HUGS* *HUGS*

You PMS har? hehehe

How can our children appreciate us now? hehehe I think they are still young to appreciate what we have done. Hmmm.. Ask yourself, at what age do you start appreciating your mum's hard work? hehehe I think I still made my mother sad when I was 17 years old.

I believe at this moment, what mummy can do is only to GIVE, GIVE, GIVE and ony GIVE. Returns you get are their Happy and Satisfying Smile on their face. Returns are only watching them growing up and getting more and more intelligent each day.

Jia You!!

*Hugs*

Lily Ann said...

Thanks for the nice warm hugs.

Can't be PMS but maybe I'm menopausing so my emos up/down. Hee!
I know too young to understand lor...but to have one child to snap back at you - very heart breaking.

Lily Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celyw said...

i think they do appreciate you coz sometimes they will tell you how much they love you and give you those tight hugs? ;)

sometimes my son will smack me when he play too rough...well i can't say he dun love me just he got too excited *sigh*