Friday, August 8, 2008

Olympics 2008

I never paid much attention to all the opening or closing ceremonies. Infact I don't pay much attention to the games, I do like to watch syncronise swimming though!

I gave up giving Athena her Maths lessons, instead declare an off-day for her when the spectacular dazzling opening ceremony started.

I'm awed by the whole thing and I felt very different when I watched it. Like the others Chinese who had their eyes glued to the TV and what hubby said "the China office is close today. Whole China off day." "Of course it would be, the whole of China is looking forward to this, considered a big thing for them."
One by one, the performance not only star dazzled the spectators in the stadium, it dazzled me. I thought to myself, I feel proud that I'm a chinese. You know that feeling ??...... that you thought China is not capable of doing but they prove otherwise to you and then you try to dig up a root and say you have a part in China? Hee!

China proved it to the world despite all the negative events that happened "riots, earthquake, bomb" that nothing can weaken them. No wonder years ago, hubby was saying that he'd like to migrate to China (with me showing my funny look). "hey! you know China is going to be the No. 1 country next time." Well he's not wrong, look at how much the country is catching up with the world.

No comments: