Sunday, June 1, 2008

Life is short

Brother told me a bad news as he was driving us back home yesterday.

The wife of my parents' good friend in Indonesia has passed on 2 days ago (which makes it 3 today). She was a really nice, pretty and funny lady who makes very nice kueh lapis (even nicer than Bengawan Solo's). It comes as a shocking news to me and I'm sure to anyone around us coz' she did seem very healthy to me.

I had always remembered what she said to me once, it was a very good advice that even my mother agreed with her wholeheartedly.

My condolences are with the family.

Just as I think about a woman who is close to our parents, I saw another lady's face in the obituary page today. I don't know her personally but I've seen her many times before in the coffee shop near my mom's place. What made me notice her was the fact that she is a striking resemblence to my shifu, and she's left to be with the Lord too.

Life is short, cherish every one around you.

No comments: