Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Updates

I was so lazy to update my blog, so it's late again.

Friday
Athena stayed over at mom's place, so I was able to laze in bed longer while KZ handles Aricia in the morning (goash! I dunno if I can cope when she's on holiday for one month end of the year)
KZ went out with me the whole day coz' I wanted to drop by the fair since will be in the vicinity after her class. (It's getting more and more difficult to handle that girl now, she totally exhausts me.)
Class went okay, she was quite distracted by Jeric and kept looking at him. She enjoyed it when music came on. She's even more happy when sensei played Teddy Bear Song, she was singing ".. bear....... bear......" It's all the early exposure to che-che's CDs.
She lost interest in LM, looking at sensei's cards instead of hers. Thankfully, sensei noticed that and made the 2 children get the sequence from her cards instead of their small cards. She did okay for the rest of her class, blur-ed out at end of class when she wanted me to hug her but went to Junie by mistake and hugged her legs and say "bao bao......." (cannot feel the size difference meh? Mummy's so fat).
At the fair, I bought a few things and I love this and this the most. This helps to prepare Athena to phrase her sentence properly, she's speaking in Singlish!! Well, it's not surprising that she's speaking in such a way when her peers are speaking in such ways. I think I'll need to enrol her in British Council or Morris Allen.
As for this Math item, I think it's more suitable for Primary 1-3 standard?? But being a typical kiasu mom or a overtly-worried mom ( I asked her "what is 100+2? " Her answer is "200" ?!?!) I think I need this to show her the ones, tens, 100s etc...

It was a great surprise to bump into Mel outside the hall, first I noticed Irvin then her and had to see her charming girl who share the same name as my older girl. I felt as if I have known her for long time. Truth is, yes I've been reading her blog for quite a while now.

Brought the children for follow-up with Dr Lee. Athena's doing well, mei-mei's cough is more phlegmy so she's given more medicine to take. Poor girl!

Was so lazy to blog, so I watched a korean show that made me teared. Fell asleep after that.....woah! sometimes it does really feel good just lazing around. But then again I've got 1001 things in my mind that I need to do.

Saturday
If you think I'm crazy buying some books for the children, I'm close to getting an award for being the most kiasu mother. I came across a temporary stall selling those papers from Top schools and ........I BOUGHT THEM. (she'll only be in P1 next year!! Goash! She'll end up crazy instead not me) At home, I was stapling the sets of papers and flipping through RGPS paper. She did well for the first page, then second page she was a little slow with the long sentence but she was able to answer me. She was confused with one question. She stared at all the multiple choice answers and still she couldn't identify what the group of fish word - I taught her 'a school of fish' but in that paper it's 'a shoal of fish'. Instead she mumbled to me "fry". I was surprised that she remembered this word. It was those very casual talk with her, not those sitting down teaching that I told her a baby fish is called a fry.
Umm.. English and Chinese paper okay, Maths I think she'll have some problems. Geez! I have to buck up my job.

In the afternoon, we went to watch Kungfu Panda at the new E!Hub. Nice place but it's really crowded. It's more difficult to bring Aricia out now, she was screaming in the restaurant and everyone looked at her. (small size but mighty lungs) I don't understand why, it's difficult feeding her these days. Needless to say, she's making me really exhausted- It's both the fact that she's hyperactive and I'm getting old.

We got back home in the night.
Photo time :-





Then I went into second gear in reorganizing the flashcards from the box in the storeroom to Athena's room. ( I never seem to stop working huh?) Sorted them according to alphabetical order, finished everything at 3+am. Now it looks like a clinic with all the "patients' cards."
Top shelf : flashcards
2nd shelf : flashcards
last shelf : 5 boxes of I Can Read books, Shichida worksheets for 2-5/6 years old, LeapPad cartidges.
I'm not really done with the organising yet. Have to tagged them accordingly and see if there's a need to move anything from the last shelf. Plus the flashcards will increase, by then will have to make way by removing stuffs from last shelf?
Sunday
Morning, KZ saw the flashcards and said to me "mum, next time when you don't want the cards, those Aricia don't need coz' she grow big already.. don't throw away, give me."
In my heart, I went 'huh?' Honestly the topics I do are quite advanced levels so it will lasts us a long time. And I'm not that rich to be throwing away stuffs. I've spent a amount of money here, I bought some and I printed the rests on own. Whatever it is, I will have to sell them away when I'm done, even those handmade cards where the wordings behind are handwritten; may not be as good as those I bought but hey!I've spent my time ; all the late nights + cartridges for printing leh!

Athena suddenly had fever in the evening. Oh no! Viral!

Monday
Her body temperature was down in the night when she slept but this morning, she felt hot. Temperature was 38.9, gave medication and then left the house. I had to meet Marc to settle the insurance stuffs before I can proceed with renewal of work permit.
So much changes in Bugis Junction!
Anyway, I bought more stuffs for Athena. Bought her san zhi jing at the fair. Today I pass by a book store and got the other two for her. These books will last a long long time coz she wouldn't understand the meaning until much later - like in her teens. Hopefully by then the books are still around - ehh.......I mean if the naughty younger girl don't tear up the books.

I chanced upon this book in the store. I had been looking for books like this to teach Athena on Chinese words. It shows how words derived and perhaps it will give her a better understanding and remember how to write the words. Glad I found it!
Berries class - feedback from Guo-lao-shi, she's doing well in class now. She's participating in class alot. And she says she does look sleepy in class at times but when the time comes for study, she pays attention. I've explained that she could be tired becoz' she's in full day childcare and don't nap that much. Her chinese is good, to think that I was so worried about her chinese. But guo-lao-shi still thinks that it's good to continue emphasising on her chinese just in case she might slack in P1 next year especially so when she's going into those ying-siao.

Tuesday
I promised her I'll bring her to E!Hub today. So she's pontang-ing school again. Last one for this week, next week one more time on Monday (going out with Braxton, who used to be in the same childcare as her) and then I think no more pontang-ing of school. Goash! I can't believe that I'm writing this - my child pontang-ing school in my blog for everyone to read.
Hubby flew off this morning and will be away for the next 1 week or more, so I'm launching myself into preparing some materials for Aricia tonight.

2 comments:

Shannon's Mummy said...

I hope Athena has recovered.. :) Talking about flashcard, I have also bought alot for Shannon. But both of us had lost the momentom of it. :P

Lily Ann said...

She is well within half a day. Thanks for your concern.
I guess you will have to introduce back again. I notice Aricia's attention span is also short now, probably due to our break.