Thursday, June 12, 2008

Updates / mumblings

So what happened since my last update on Tuesday?

I kept myself busy with the childrens' things in the night while everyone sleeps.

And so, she did pontang school on Tuesday. I shan't say what we did there, just read their blogs (Athena & Aricia). But I shall tell my story on the skating. Ooh......now I remember she must have watched it from Magic of the Pergasus. So that's why she wants to ice-skate. Let her learn? She had the guidance from a staff there and oh boy! she barely walked a few steps in the rink and almost fell and then got real scared and refused to move. In the end, I decided to try. I haven't skate for a very long time - maybe 9 years? (okay, I can only go forward; cannot stop; cannot go backwards). What a bad decision. It took me 20 minutes to get a hang of it coz' it's really slippery (not ice, synthetic) + haven't skate + the skate really painful - it doesn't fit nicely on my legs. So..what happened?
See for yourself.It didn't look that bad until days later, today where it look so bloodied (I'm not going to show a photo) and mom so kindly offered me a plaster that is coated with 云南白药 - ARGH!! PEE............PEE.......AH...... (mimicking my 2 daughters).
Wah...think I'll skate again? Maybe yes, if it's real ice not synthetic. But it's a good lesson learnt.

Some observations was made on Aricia when she covered her eyes and walked. She was using her innate senses in guiding herself along, mind you she didn't knock on anything at all. And at one point a huge group of teenagers came out from the Marquee, she didn't bang on anyone. Only people banged from her back coz' they can't see this small girl. I don't know if she was just lucky in making her way through blindfolded or what. But prior to leaving the house, I was going crazy in teaching Athena one new piece of music. Until I decided to cover her eyes and ask her to play. Mind you, that girl who likes to 'anyhow press keys wrongly' ended up playing 100% correct. She probably did by hearing, I don't know..but maybe there's a research to this?

I'm going to bring out that ah-soh in me and tell you what I found in NTUC.
Eggs! I haven't been able to do the egg molding for the childrens' meal so far coz they are always so small! I was happy that I found this and will try it.
At home, I took our eggs at home to compare. Yah, big big so I hope will be 成功 the next time I do the egg molding

So I did and it's really 成功.

*******************************************
School hols coming to an end soon, and I haven't even set any playdates. Looks like we gotta miss it this time round again.
And talking about school hols. I can count how many days che-che went to school this month. And......makes it worse when mummy decides to let her pontang school. Wait till the daddy comes home and learn about it (must pa-kak together.) Next week, Monday and Tuesday skip school again. Hee! I have a surprise for her on Tuesday.

The story of the missing letters
We have a case of missing letters, mysteriously all from KKH. Imagine my shock when I saw a letter by DNB, representing KKH (in other words like ah-long coming after us for money) saying that we haven't paid and they're about to paste pig head on our door. Oh my! That is how many months ago? 7-8 months ago? They didn't send us any bill so I thought it was all covered by medisave. I made a phone call to them last week and the lady told me they sent to us 3 times, (3 times??) last one in March, no reply that's why DNB sent letter to us. I kept asking "are you sure you sent to us? Coz' the address is correct and frankly speaking it's her second admission and we received invoice for the first admission. So I don't think it's wrong address? I was thinking I don't think Mr Postman so blur right (although sometimes I do get neighbours' letters in our mailbox) and selective to KKH letters?!?! Anyway, I asked her to send the next one by registered mail to us. She said she'll send by normal mail. One week passed and I called again this Monday. "what? I sent out last Monday." She has no choice but to 'speak to the management first' and then called back, yes they'll send by registered mail to me. The mail finally came on Wednesday.
So now, I'm wondering whatever has happened to all our previous mails?

No comments: