Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Updates

Haven't been updating so will do a quick one.

Monday
The crazy girl today said she wanted to go to school, when I had the intention of bringing her to the library. Anyway, since she hardly portray such eagerness to attend school; I decided to pat her buttocks to school. She went in quite late though and just missed her favourite Chinese class.
Meanwhile, I had to return her library books and borrowed more books for her - which I thought she'll be happy but she was crying for a particular "Star" book that she likes.

Tuesday
Was getting a little anxious as the clock hands tick by, as I needed to bring her in to school and then drive down to Orchard for my gynae appointment, but girl was taking her own sweet time. I was telling her "hurry up, hurry up Athena" She didn't want to go to school, and said she wanted to follow me to see Dr Teoh "because I like Dr Teoh". Decided to bring her along and then bring her for a movie. But since I'm going to stay long in Orchard, I'll prefer to train down. So off we went to Mt E. She was happy to see him and all the aunties. I asked Wee Chee about the Shanghainese girl, if she had given birth, as I haven't seen her for a long time. But she told me a sad news. She gave birth in the clinic at 20 weeks, she came to see him about her severe abdominal pain and they checked - baby was at her vagina already. All she did was one push and the baby came out. But sadly, at 20 weeks there is no way doctors can save a baby coz'they are still dependent on the mummy. "Her mother cried; grandmother cried like crazy", I felt sad for her. Becoz' everytime the granny sees Athena, she loves to play with her. She was waiting for the day to carry her own grandson. But God had to play a trick on them; the world just collapsed on them in one second. And I heard too she's an IVF case. Why? Why is it some people who can have babies chose to abort their children. And why some wants to have children badly just can't have one?

Here's a shot of her and Dr Teoh
Today I found out the gender of baby2. She's going to be a sweet little girl. However I must admit it was quite hard to see the genital area and all they could say was "should be a girl" and not ''it's a girl".
Something that made me happy is that I didn't put on weight : My weight 60.2kg ( I lost 0.3kg) but baby gained weight. Haha! Can I put on less than 10kg for this pregnancy?? I hope so.

After the appointment, we had our lunch at My Mum's Cuisine. I remember that place - I went there just after my last appointment with my gynae years ago (when he told me he had to induce birth soon). I told myself I better eat all the good food before I start my confinement. I ordered lots of food.
She wanted to go into ELC (again)- she likes the train set there. Then I witnessed something funny.
Two kids were playing alone without adult supervision. A was holding a toy, B wanted to snatch toy away , A struggled but lost, B got the toy, A snatch back, fight ensued, B try to snatch back, A pushed B down and whacked B hard like gangster. I went over and spoke loudly "hey. No no fighting. "The sales assistant heard me and carried the victim. A stood up and started crying loud -acting like a victim- while B kept quiet. Mother rushed in.
And you know what A is a girl, B is a boy.
Wah... very stylo mailo. If only my girl can fight.
When I told the SA and hubby the incident, I giggle at the thoughts that a boy got bullied. They found it amusing too!

Girl dozed off so I train down to Dhoby Ghaut. Checked out the timing of Over The Hedge and bought the tickets.

At Spotlight: she put on this cute hairband. And I managed to get a shot before my camera went low on battery. Pity I couldn't take a picture of us together with me & her in the cute hairband.

Such perfect timing, the show ended and hubby was already reaching DGhaut. We had our dinner; walked around a little and then head for home.

Wednesday
Had to send car for servicing today. Hubby decided not to go to work today and decided to go out with me. Girl found it strange that daddy didn't work and asked "mummy, why today daddy and mummy bring me to school?" "Daddy is always working and never send you to school. So today he wants to send you to school." "Ohhh.........(pauses awhile and then started shouting to daddy) Daddy my school is in Tampines, you know the way?" We found it funny and laughed at her comment.
Met my ex-colleagues for lunch. Wau.... I realised now they really have to rush through lunch - coz' my ex company is very particular about punctuality. I didn't want to hold them back and told them to go off when they need to.
Wanted to bring girl home as we'll be collecting our car soon. Brother called to ask to borrow girl as Dr Lori wanted to see her. Dr Lori is a doctor in the hospital in Ohio, where brother was on training for a month or two last October. She's here in Singapore for a seminar which she's conducting. So brother played host to them. He and mom brought her home to us.

Mom, Dr Lori, her daughter-Heather (don't they look alike?)
Impish girl had to run about when they want to snap a photo together

Wonder what is girl up to? Sticking her head out.

No comments: