Friday, May 12, 2006

Celebrating Mother's Day

After alot of booha here and there, we had to settle for our celebration on Friday in Kublai Khan instead of a Hawaiian BBQ on Sunday at Swissotel Merchant Court . Umm.. we haven't cancelled our reservations yet. Haha!


The main star of the night - trying to look cheery despite her giddiness
Mongolian horse greeting you at main entrance - Mongolia is often described as the "land of the horse"
Buffet spread of International, local and Mongolian BBQ
Brother was told by the guy who brought us in that girl dines free. He used his belted waist as a guide - huh?
I didn't take any starch but filled my stomach silly with chilli crabs. I can't remember how many I had (all I know is I was feeling uncomfortable in the wee hours)
I told a boy off for being so "unhygienic" by licking the chocolate off his marshmallow and then using the stick to poke into another marshmallow and probably put the stick in the fondue fountain. He got a shock and turned to his father. Some child ! And the father also one kind!!


Cooking food on a griddle
I left the table to take some photos and then the GM offered to let me into the kitchen to take photos. True to what he said, it wasn't even hot or greasy in there. He then told me about how the filter system works and said "well, if you're ready to take over the restaurant also can". I looked at him and joked with him, I can't manage a business I only know how to eat. Haha! Should have asked him to look at my tummy - like I'm going to pop this year and you think I got time.
Anyway, it was really nice of him to ask another chef to do a 360deg turn for me to see. It was only when he passed me his namecard, I realised he was the Mr Jason Oei I was emailing to when I made some enquiries.


Food aside, we presented mom with her card (will be posted later on the 14th). And then I gave her her SPA voucher while brother and sister gave her the Jean Yip makeover voucher. More photos will be uploaded in the KodakGallery.
Girl today then sang the full song :
"Happy Mother's Day to you(smooch smooch)
{- ps she didn't mimich the smooch sound the night before}
Happy Mother's Day to you(smooch smooch)
I love you, dear mummy
Happy Mother's Day to you "

She enjoyed herself, looking at herself in the mirror and making funny faces. Mom said food was so-so.
Later on, another guy came to check with us how many had the meal we said 6 adults (coz the guy told us girl dines free) but the waiter still wrote 6 adults, 1 child. We then sought clarification from the guy who told brother that. Then this time, the guy said "yes girl pay". He then carried her out from her chair to do measurement, this time he said something different that girl reaches his belt when earlier was shorter. Sister made a remark "she suddenly grew taller." Mom said she's so small, only coz' she follow daddy who's tall. Then he asked us "do you have a student card to prove her age?" "what student card, she's only 3 years old." We laughed at the way he asked us the question.
Anyway he made some checks with probably the GM and then ok - girl dines free. They better put a height measurement instead of using his belted waist as a guide. Then don't promise us one thing and practice another.
We left the place about 2 hours later. Girl was so upfront in saying "ok. I want to sit in ah-yi's car. " We always have this problem of struggling to bring her home with us after any outing.









No comments: