Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mother's Day dinner with in-law and family

Today we met up with my in-law and family for Mother's Day dinner. We were headed for Singapura Restaurant @ Selegie Road - which serves Hockchew food. In-laws and hubby are Hockchews.
We left the home slightly earlier at 5pm.

Girl talking to Ah-yi on the phone. Very stylo mailo hor??
Athena on kiddy ride. She was so funny acting like a mummy to her bear bear, sneaking to open her bag to kiss her bear once-in-a-while.
We parked at Cathy Cineleisure and walked down to Plaza Singapura. Didn't walk much by the time that girl was hopping and junping around in the mall, we had to leave the place. Not without first stopping at LJS - I was quite tired from walking.
Was not my usual self as I think I'm coming down with the flu bug. I just don't feel the same.
Freaked out when we were walking towards the venue- which is near to Oasis Holistic where I used to go for my free- Pilates class (subscription gift for Shape magazine). Told hubby "no way I'm walking back later".
Surprisingly, we were the first to arrive followed by in-law;Aveliane & family, and then Jasline & family.
I didn't eat much coz' food not what I liked.(anyway I was feeling rather queasy and uncomfortable - not forgetting that I just vomitted at home before I came out)
SIL ordered :
1) Fuzhou Cold Crab
2) Fragrance crispy duck
3) Red wine chicken soup
4) Fried liver with kailan
5) Fuzhou fishball soup (which only had 4 fishballs so all the 4 kids got the fishballs)
6) Dunno what marinated fish
7) Red wine kong-bak with the pao

But who cares when the first cold dish - Cold Crab came. I ate without caring that I just killed how many crabs the night before.

[*Gasp* I think history is repeating itself. I was always craving for crabs when I was preggie with girl. And then regretted it, coz' girl turned out too active.]
-> Red wine chicken is meant to be good during confinement but I just don't like the wine taste so had a small bite from hubby's chicken and gave it back to him.
-> Fish is nice, considering how I hate fish now, I actually ate the fish.
-> Fried liver with kailan : the flour and marination is nice. I simply hate liver but was told "good, must eat replenish blood" . I tried and yes, it is nice. But the more I looked as I cut the liver, I see it's liver and it freaks me out! It's no wonder mom says I'm a fussy eater and difficult to feed me. Now my girl is doing the same to me - retribution. After eating two bites I gave it to hubby.
Ps. Vampires - don't suck my blood ok? I have no blood for you to suck.
Mom-in-law and Johnny
Aveliane & family and Jackie
Aunty Jasline & Uncle Johnny
We left the restaurant about an hour plus later and went separate ways.
Okay, it's time for me to take my panadol now.. think the caffaine from Coke would have worn off by now.
Goodnight everyone!

No comments: